SOLVED

How to Apply a provisioning package to Windows 10 ISO file?

Copper Contributor

I have created a provisioning package using Windows Configuration Designer and now I want to apply it to my Windows 10 ISO file but I can't find out how.

there are explanations here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/provisioning-packages/provisioning-apply-pack... that show how to apply it during Windows 10 installation or after it but I want to apply it to a lot of machines so I'm looking for a way to modify my ISO file before attempting to install Windows 10 on my machines.

previously there was an option in the Windows Configuration designer app but it appears that it's removed now. I've installed it from Windows store, Not from Windows 10 ADK.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Mach12 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
The way you do this is, you install Windows and the applications you want to be installed, then create an install.wim from that installation. If there was an option in the previous version of the configuration designer application why can't you use the previous version?

also Windows Configuration Designer on Windows store is different than the one inside Windows 10 ADK latest version (for build 1903), i can confirm it has the option you want.

but first uninstall Windows Configuration Designer app (Windows store) and install it from the Windows 10 ADK.
Thanx, installing Windows Configuration Designer from ADK has the option i want.
Windows store version was more recent though, I hope the ADK version keep having the "Windows image customization" option.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mach12 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
The way you do this is, you install Windows and the applications you want to be installed, then create an install.wim from that installation. If there was an option in the previous version of the configuration designer application why can't you use the previous version?

also Windows Configuration Designer on Windows store is different than the one inside Windows 10 ADK latest version (for build 1903), i can confirm it has the option you want.

but first uninstall Windows Configuration Designer app (Windows store) and install it from the Windows 10 ADK.

View solution in original post