How to resolve USB Conflict Between SD Card and Line 6 HX Stomp?

Copper Contributor

I have a Surface Book 2 that doesn't want to play nice with a Line 6 HX Stomp.

The HXS has the latest firmware updates, and I have the latest Line 6 drivers for the pedal loaded.

From Windows Task Manager, I can see the HX Edit application attempt to load and connect to the pedal, then the process just dies. The only way to connect via USB is to eject my SDXC drive.

I was hoping to find a workaround, hear something more productive than "Get a Mac!"

https://line6.com/hx-stomp/

Surface Model: 1832 i5

Processor: Intel i5-8350U @ 1.70GHz 1.90 GHz
Mem Installed: RAM 8.00 GB

• Touch Driver: 242.0.1.5
  • Wi-Fi Driver: 15.68.17021.121
  • App Version: 61.60.139.0
3 Replies

@Muiren 

Hello, I've recently bought a Microsoft Surface Go 2, and my Line 6 HX Stomp does not work with it. I have all the drivers installed, and when I connect the HX to the surface , Windows shows a message that the PC might not provide enough power to the external device. This is strange, because the surface works well with other audio interfaces (Motu M4, bus powered, and Focusrite 18i8) that I've tested. Does anyone have a solution for that?

I've contacted Microsoft and they said it might me a problem with my surface, but the only way to know is to test the HX into another Surface, which I don't have a access to.

Thanks

@rafaelxgoncalves 

Hi I have also a Surface Go 2 (M3-Version) and the Helix Stomp worked fine with Windows 10. When upgrading to Windows 11 the HX Edit program doesn't start anymore and crashes during initialization.

However using it as USB audio device still works. I've got also messages, that USB-Devices might not get enough power, but this can be ignored as the HXS has external power source and might also not being related to it. I have connected it to a USB Hub including Keyboard, Mouse and external monitor. 

UPDATE : Meanwhile I found out that HX Edit also works on Windows 11, when I remove the SD-Card before starting it. With the SD-Card inserted it still won't start.

I've put in the SD-Card at the same time as I upgraded to Windows 11, so I blamed Windows 11 upgrade first. 

@WTM74 

Thanks for your reply. So It seems that I have a faulty unit. Unfortunately I'm in Brazil now, and there is no Microsoft store here to send to repair....