Dial support in Adobe CC products

Copper Contributor

With their newest update, the 2022 editions of their software, Adobe broke the spaces plugin the Surface Dial depended on for integration into applications like Photoshop. Adobe has stated publicly that they have no intention of remedying the situation, and suggests that Microsoft creates a plugin for Photoshop if they intend the Surface Dial to work with Photoshop. (unsure if links to other software makers' forums are permitted, but they can be provided on request).

Are there any plans at all within the Microsoft Surface programming team to create such a plugin for a third party piece of software, or have Adobe just made my surface dial a completely worthless purchase/overpriced volume control?

2 Replies
It seems Microsoft is as uninterested in making the Dial work with the current version of Photoshop as Adobe is.

Something I will definitely remember and take into consideration whenever in the future I'm once again contemplating buying a human interface device that seems well thought out. I'll remember clearly that neither Microsoft nor Adobe has any interest in the customer after they have separated that fool from his/her money.
My Dial's been in storage for the past few months during a move (missed it all the time!), and now I discover it doesn't work in Adobe products anymore. I'd be interested in rewriting support using the suggested API myself, but the last time I used Adobe's SDKs, they were an absolute disaster. In their documentation, an screen capture would show one thing, the image's caption would contradict it, and text in the body of the explanation would say something different altogether!