SOLVED

A few questions regarding Call Queues and Auto Attendant

Brass Contributor

I noticied that our Call queue no longer states "in preview"  is it safe to say it is productopn mode?

We currently have a thrid party host our VOIP services so even though our users are all cloud-only based, our PSTN is classed as "on premisePSTN" I have setup several test scenarios and they have worked.  Is this a supported model?

We currently have multiple offices in multiple timezones and each will have their own call queue for reception but we would like them to cover the others for a few hours at the start or end of the day depending on the timezone (so we can have extended hours)  and then if you are outside of these hours then go to "outside business hours"  Is this possible?  I understand that we need to associate the CQ with an AA to use the scheduling...but the scheduling will only allow for business hours or after hours...not extended hours.

Thanks

5 Replies
For your first question During Preview and at GA we will only support pure online tenants, i.e. with no shared SIP domains defined, and where the Auto Attendants and Call Queues and all targets and agents are homed online This mean that we will not be supporting split-domain/shared topologies including having Auto Attendants or Call Queues created in SIP domains shared between Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business On-premises deployment or having targets or agents using Cloud PBX with on-premises PSTN connectivity (OPCH) or Cloud Connector Edition (CCE). Some of these topologies might appear to work, but there are many corner cases, where they don’t, and that’s why we are not ready to support them at GA. For the second part I am not sure if i understood your scenario completely but wouldn't it work if you just schedule your AA business hours to include the extended hours as well?

So our AA and CQ does seem to be working with our PSTN  being hosted somewhere else so we may still proceed but thats for the warning.

As for the extended calling, maybe I can explain it a bit better:

Toronto Reception - Has their own number - in the office from 8:00am-5:00pm EST

Calgary Reception - Has their own number - in the office from 8:00am-5:00pm MNT (2 hours later)

We would like toronto to answer the phone for both Calgary and Toronto for the first 2 hours of the day but only for Toronto until 5PM their time.

We would like Calgary to answer the phone only for Calgary until 3PM and then answer the phone for both Tornto and Calgary for the last 2 hours.

Beyond these ours is after hours...we would forward the calls to an after hours service.(this I know how to do)

best response confirmed by Robert Young (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Maybe You can try This

Create Three AA and Two Call Queues
AA1-Toronto
AA2-Calgary
AA3-AfterHours

CQ1-Toronto
CQ2-Calgary

Set them like this
AA1-Toronto
Business hours 8am to 5PM
Business hour call handling would go to CQ1-Toronto
Afterhours Redirect this call to AA2-Calgary

This way any call made to AA1-toronto during 8am to 5PM EST will be answered by CQ1-Toronto
Any call after hours will just go to AA2-Calgary
So after 5PM EST till 5PM PST all calls for Toronto will go to AA2-Calgary and the CQ2-Calgary

AA2-Calgary
Business Hours 8am to 5PM MST
Business hours call handling will go to CQ2-Calgary
After Hours the call will be forwarded to AA3-Afterhours

AA3-Afterhours
Business Hours will be Only 8am to 10am EST
Business hour call handling will go to CQ1-Toronto
Afterhours Redirect this call to after-hours service.

I believe the above may help you achieve what you like but I agree it Is not a great/simple method.
One issue with the above is you would need to create three OrgAA's, Two Call Queues. And you won't have separate mailboxes for Toronto and Calgary for after hour messaging.
Not sure if it helps but thought I'd suggest.

Thanks Mohammed, I believe this solution may work.  I will set this scenario up and test.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Do we have an estimated date as to when the auto attendants and call queues will be avalable i a shared domain/ hybrid environment?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Robert Young (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Maybe You can try This

Create Three AA and Two Call Queues
AA1-Toronto
AA2-Calgary
AA3-AfterHours

CQ1-Toronto
CQ2-Calgary

Set them like this
AA1-Toronto
Business hours 8am to 5PM
Business hour call handling would go to CQ1-Toronto
Afterhours Redirect this call to AA2-Calgary

This way any call made to AA1-toronto during 8am to 5PM EST will be answered by CQ1-Toronto
Any call after hours will just go to AA2-Calgary
So after 5PM EST till 5PM PST all calls for Toronto will go to AA2-Calgary and the CQ2-Calgary

AA2-Calgary
Business Hours 8am to 5PM MST
Business hours call handling will go to CQ2-Calgary
After Hours the call will be forwarded to AA3-Afterhours

AA3-Afterhours
Business Hours will be Only 8am to 10am EST
Business hour call handling will go to CQ1-Toronto
Afterhours Redirect this call to after-hours service.

I believe the above may help you achieve what you like but I agree it Is not a great/simple method.
One issue with the above is you would need to create three OrgAA's, Two Call Queues. And you won't have separate mailboxes for Toronto and Calgary for after hour messaging.
Not sure if it helps but thought I'd suggest.

View solution in original post