Zoom function while screen sharing

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

Am I the only one who experiance nearly all the time the lack of a "zoom" or "bigger" window when someone else is sharing the entire screen?

As you can see attached even if I have the SfB window on full desktop size on my 15" MacBook Pro 2016, the shared screen is much smaller and I still have a lot of "black thick border" around.

Why is there no option like in "SfB for Windows" to zoom or autofit the screen?

In addition the shared screen is nearly all time not very sharp or blurry. If I switch to my 4k external display the "shared screen" is getting even smaller. Even if the "other shared screen" has a simlar or even smaller resolution than I have.

Will this be fixed in a future release?

Thanks and best regards,

Sascha

2017-06-02_15-14-21.jpg

9 Replies
I have the same complaint.

I am still waiting for a response on that?

Meanwhile I figured out that the issue occurs in case the "the Windows user" is using a very high resolution like 4k or at least higher than Full HD (1920x1080).

As long as e.g. a laptop display is shared it works fine, but as soon as the external 4k Monitor is getting shared, the shared screen looks soooo tiny and any text is unreadable - even when I use on my macOS also a 4k resolution on an external monitor or try to switch to my internal 15" display with 2880x1800.

Please implement a way to size up / zoom the shared screen in such situations.

The app design was to have screen sharing always fill the screen without requiring the user to manually zoom it. We have found an issue that can prevent the sharing to get the full size. We are working on a fix for this now. This is a client-only fix (no server change required) so we will ship this in an upcoming client update as soon as it is ready.

I still have this problem on a 22 inch screen. See the screen shot, I cannot read the charts.Skype Screen share Zoom issue.JPG

What we really need is a variable zoom where the participant in the meeting can zoom their viewer as needed.  For folks with vision impairments this is a critical missing function and renders the tool unusable.

@Phillip Garding : The problem with shared contents still remains and there is a big black part and the shared content is really small. When will it be fixed.

@Svennen395 - we released a fix a long time ago for the problem originally mentioned here - when a meeting participant on Windows shares an application (as opposed to desktop or monitor sharing), the viewer on Mac sees the window as a small area within a black box.  Is this the same scenario you are seeing?  If not, can you please provide steps to reproduce your problem?  What version of the Mac app are you using?

Phil.

This does indeed do as you say, however there's a scenario which I hope you might address.
Shared screen with a much higher resolution than the viewer's screen. and possibly only a window/smaller area of interest to the viewer.
In this case, the viewer would a have a scaled down version of the screen and no way to zoom in to view it at a reasonable size locally. Or maybe a power point in edit mode, where only the presentation in the middle is of interest, and no way to zoom that to full screen to read comfortably.
So while you adequately, zoom small windows up (sometimes too much) . Handling scaled down screens is less functional.

@SteveFeinstein - Thanks for the suggestion.  

Phil.