Skype time stamp and name are tiny

Copper Contributor

So recently in our office the timestamp in the chat window has gotten tiny as well as the senders name. We have uninstalled reinstalled, modified permonitor to system. Scaling, font, window size. nothing is working the time and name stay tiny. this is a full screen image to show you what I am talking about. 

emfcoble_0-1610637703413.png

We have 190 users effected by this and need some answers please!!

8 Replies

@emfcoble 

We're having this issue with a lot of users affected.

No responses from anyone yet? I hope there is a solution.

I'm having this issue too, for the last few days. So far, I'm the only one here who is affected, as far as I know. Possible differentiator: I uninstalled the 32-bit Office 2016 suite that came preloaded onto my PC and installed the 64-bit Office 365 suite from portal.office.com, whereas (I assume) none of my colleagues have done the same.

Dan_Henderson_0-1612458797385.png

@Dan_Henderson 

Interesting. All my affected users (well, that I was able to confirm) are using the stand-alone Skype for Business. They aren't licensed for the suite.

I know Skype for Business is reaching it's EOL soon so maybe when we move to Teams as org policy it won't matter.

same problem here and I've searched everywhere for help. I've seen lots of comments elsewhere about changing the font size, that's not my problem, it's the tiny little text used for the date/time stamp not the actual text of the messages.

My site is also having the same issue. I am under the impression that it's the latest skype version. Everyone who has this issue is on the latest version of skype as opposed to those who do no have the issue, they're on the previous version.

Does anyone have any different finds?

@emfcoble 

Same problem in our company. It started when we rolled out the Office 365 Current Channel Update 2101. On a test client I installed the beta channel with the version 2103 (Build 13806.20000). The problem persists even in that version.

Microsoft should fix that.

Same issue with 1k users on Current Channel. Win10 1909. Moving users to Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel resolves issue. I'm assuming this is a Current Channel issue.
Same issue now in "Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel (Preview)" - Version 2102 (Build 13801.20294).