Error of "presence unknown" and "This message wasn't sent to ***@hotmail.com due to company policy."

Copper Contributor

Issue: Add a contact not in my organzation in SFB client with show status "presence unknown" and sent message will show error of "This message wasn't sent to ***@hotmail.com due to company policy."

Tested or done:

1. DNS in edge server set to outside DNS already
  2. Enabled federation (port 5061) in Edge pool (also enable skype-skype federation search (port 4443)
  3. Configured SIP federated providers by follows:

New-CsPublicProvider -Identity Skype -ProxyFqdn federation.messenger.msn.com -IconUrl https://images.edge.messenger.live.com/Messenger_16x16.png -NameDecorationRoutingDomain msn.com -NameDecorationExcludedDomainList "msn.com,outlook.com,live.com,hotmail.com" -Enabled $true -EnableSkypeIdRouting $true -EnableSkypeDirectorySearch $true

4. Added SRV records:
    _sip (Protocol: _tls / Port:443) & _sipfederationtls (Protocal:_tcp / Port:5061)

5. Added CHAME records with sip.<domainname> & lyncdiscover.<domainname>

6. Use Test-CsFederatedPartner -TargetFqdn <domainname.com> -Domain hotmail.com show error:
         Error Message: 504, server time-out

Diagnosis : ErrorCode=1008,Source=<domainname.com>,Reason=Unable to resolve DNS SRV

record, domain=<domainname.com>,dns-source=InternalCache,dns-srv-result=QueryFailed

Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.DiagnosticHeader

7.  53 port opens in firewall for DNS service, but run “netstat – na” in edge server, no 53 port service show me with listening status.  

Any professional suggestion? many thanks.

1 Reply

@Patrick_Zhu 

Hello Patrick
Could you solve the problem?
It seems that I have exactly the same problem.
We set up Skype Hybrid yesterday and now nobody has presence information except the internal users themselves.
regards
Marc