SOLVED

Delegate cannot create Skype meetings (without Enterprise Voice)

Iron Contributor

Hi! I´m trying to enable meeting delegation for my SfB users in my environment. We do not have any Enterprise Voice enabled due to no mediation server in place (sigh..) hence I´m trying to achieve the same via Outlook and Skype for Business server.

My affected users are given "Editor" in the delegatee's calendar.

I have enabled the ExchangeDelegateSync switch in my client policy but still can not get it to work.

I´m well aware that the communication happens over MAPI. Which is enabled in our Exchange environment. Is SEFAUtil the next step, or have I missed something critical?

8 Replies

We ran into the same issue and found that the only way to accomplish this is have the delegate create the sfb meeting in the Outlook Web App for that user.  Have you tried this?  It was our only workaround.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. However I found out, trying to do as you said that we do not have that option enabled. Which gave yet another thing to fix haha.

Will update this thread once I´ve solved that.

Regards,

Viktor

Enterprise voice feature for Skype for business delegate is a prerequisite because your delegate needs to have a number if he\she wants to answer the calls. If you are only adding delegate to be able to manage Skype for business meetings in Oulook - simply enable enterprise voice in SfB Control panel for the user, but leave LineUri empty. This way you will be able to add delegate in Skype.EV.PNG

P.S.: when you are setting up delegation, both delegator and delegate have to be online for delegation settings to start working properly.

best response confirmed by Viktor Hedberg (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Not nessecarily. If you run Set-CsClientPolicy <policyid> -EnableExchangeDelegateSync $true and set up a user as delegate with editor access via Outlook. It works withouth enabling EV.

Got it to work. Just needed some time to let the back-ends do their talk.

So, I thank you for your input. But apparently I had already solved it! xD

/Viktor

Hi Viktor, 

How can I get the policyid? Does each user have their own  policyid?

Same here. Whats the policy ID ?

Thanks

The policyid is the identity of the CsClientPolicy on which the ExchangeDelegateSync is set to $true. So that depends on your name of the CsClientPolicy in this case.

Extremley sorry about the late reply.

/Viktor

The policyid is the identity of the CsClientPolicy on which the ExchangeDelegateSync is set to $true. So that depends on your name of the CsClientPolicy in this case.

Extremley sorry about the late reply.

/Viktor
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Viktor Hedberg (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Not nessecarily. If you run Set-CsClientPolicy <policyid> -EnableExchangeDelegateSync $true and set up a user as delegate with editor access via Outlook. It works withouth enabling EV.

Got it to work. Just needed some time to let the back-ends do their talk.

So, I thank you for your input. But apparently I had already solved it! xD

/Viktor

View solution in original post