SOLVED

SharePoint Framework development without access to internet

Brass Contributor

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

is there a safe way how to develop SharePoint Framework applications without access to internet?

Thank you very much for your answer.

With best regards

Ladislav Stupak

1 Reply
best response confirmed by LadislavStupak (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@LadislavStupak 

I think you will need internet for SharePoint framework development. Especially for initial setup.

Then you will need internet for downloading npm packages for first time (Or maybe you can achieve this using workarounds like this and this). Then you can copy node modules folder with dependencies to your other project folders. Alternatively, you can also use Yarn-offline-mirror method (Reference). 

Once you are done with initial setup then you won't need internet while you are developing your SPFx components.

But you will again need internet for debugging on SharePoint workbench and deploying solutions to SharePoint environment.

Also check below github thread which has some good information related to this topic: Support for offline creation of SPFx solutions 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LadislavStupak (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@LadislavStupak 

I think you will need internet for SharePoint framework development. Especially for initial setup.

Then you will need internet for downloading npm packages for first time (Or maybe you can achieve this using workarounds like this and this). Then you can copy node modules folder with dependencies to your other project folders. Alternatively, you can also use Yarn-offline-mirror method (Reference). 

Once you are done with initial setup then you won't need internet while you are developing your SPFx components.

But you will again need internet for debugging on SharePoint workbench and deploying solutions to SharePoint environment.

Also check below github thread which has some good information related to this topic: Support for offline creation of SPFx solutions 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post