SharePoint Development - Leave Request or Vacation request form

Copper Contributor

Im new to SharePoint Development, however I have development background in C#, asp.net. I saw the articles related to SharePoint Framework and add-ins however Im NOT sure which one suits my requirements. Can somebody guide me. Here are my requirements. 

• Users submit requests and email is send to supervisor.
• After supervisor approval then an email is send to manager for approval.
• Users should be able to edit their requests but shouldn't see others.
• Supervisor and manger field should be auto populated from AD.
• Users must be able to attach documents.

If anybody got a sample, please share.

Thanks so much for your time.

5 Replies

Hello @vchack7 ,

For this requirement you can use the SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow.

@Gayatri Rajput As Share Point Designer and InfoPath are deprecating, I'm looking for alternatives.

Hello @vchack7 ,

I have built a Leave Request application for the company I work for on our SharePoint Online environment using SPFx with React.js and Microsoft Flow. 
I used a combination of SPFx web parts to display some chart and list data, as well as the form to apply for leave and Microsoft Flow to handle the email sending and updating of data on SharePoint lists. For the web parts, I used the Bootstrap library for the style of the forms and so on.

I had this application on the classic SharePoint Online environment, but moved from using SharePoint Designer and classic SharePoint pages as I noticed that there were a lot of bugs and errors on SharePoint behalf that were messing with the application's functionality.

Maybe you can consider this approach? I also distinguished between which was the better choice in this post here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint-developer/develop-using-sharepoint-add-in-or-spfx-...

@vchack7  You can follow hybrid approach with the MS PowerApps and MS Flow combination for this application.

@Gayatri Rajput  Unfortunately I cant do the hybrid approach.