Perform Action directly from mail in SharePoint

Copper Contributor

have a problem statement “In an email, three buttons need to be present in the email body i.e. ‘Approve’, ‘Reject’, ‘Revert’. On click of any button, action needs to be performed from mail itself without redirecting it to a different browser. Also, if the user clicks ‘Reject’ or ‘Revert’ then the user needs to write a comment as mandatory and that response should be captured in the backend. This whole problem needs to solve in SharePoint i.e. In SharePoint site if the form is submitted, then users should receive an email and perform an action directly. The problem with flows is that I am not able to perform an action from mail directly without redirecting it to another browser. Also, no scripts are running in mail clients and mail client can be any client.

4 Replies

Hi @Kajol ,

you can use Adaptive Cards, that works inside email, they don't need a redirect (i.e. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/actionable-messages/adaptive-card) and trigger an Http action from Flow (https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/call-flow-restapi/ ), but the question is not clear for me. 
Do you need SharePoint or an email action? :)

Cheers,

Federico

Hi @Federico Porceddu 

I have an application built using SharePoint in that form is there as soon as the form is submitted, email notification goes to the Approver to perform an action. A user can directly perform an action from mail itself.

In mail need to have buttons 'Approve, Reject and Revert' and a button is clicked that action should be performed. 

In MS Flow and SharePoint flow that I have tried in that I am getting email consisting of buttons and when I click on any of the buttons it redirects to the browser I don't want to redirect a user to the browser, i.e. the user should after click should be an email only.

Hi @Kajol ,

I can confirm:

- build Microsoft Flow with Http receiver (waiting for a post), which implements approve (or deny) logic

- send mails with adaptive cards, Approve button must point to adaptive cards.

There is not redirect in this case :)

Cheers,

Federico

Hi @Federico Porceddu 

I will check this if it works

Thankyou