List of neccessary tools and their versions for spfx developing

Copper Contributor

Hi there, 

I get many problem with versions of the different tools and the description from Microsoft is too old. I want to develop a SPFX web part for SharePoint, but I can't deploy it via Gulp because I get a lot of errors and I can't find the right solution. On the Microsoft site (Implementing a dev enviroment for spfx dev) are very old information. 

Who can list all neccessary tools with the right version number of each like this?

- Node.js (Version 16.8)

- NPM (Version x)

- Gulp (Version x)

- Git (Version x)

3 Replies

@chris1625 If you're using Node.js v12+ or higher, you must use Gulp v4+. If you're using a version of Node.js lower than v12, you must use Gulp v3.

Similar threadSPFx - How do I know which version of node, gulp and yo to use? 

You can use any Git version for SPFx development (prefer latest stable version) For other tools, you can refer Microsoft documentation: SharePoint Framework development tools and libraries compatibility 

ganeshsanap_0-1677673756780.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@christoph2000 You're welcome, glad it helped you! 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs