InfoPath form library rendering .xml

Deleted
Not applicable

I have a user who is reporting some odd behavior in the "modern" SharePoint library UI. She has an InfoPath form library, and when clicking on the document link to open it, all she sees is the .xml). If she switches back to the "classic" UI and clicks on the document title, the form opens up. Is this normal? I mean, I know InfoPath is going away, but MS is supposed to be supporting it until 2026. I have share a couple workarounds with her, including switching back to classic view, but has anyone else experienced this?

6 Replies
I am having the same issue!

this is expected behavior

these customizations are currently not supported for "modern" lists and libraries:

• JSLink-based field customizations (see Note on SharePoint Framework Extensions)
  • JSLink-based view customizations (see Note on SharePoint Framework Extensions)
  • Custom CSS via AlternateCSSUrl web property
  • Custom JavaScript embedded via user custom actions (see Note on SharePoint Framework Extensions)
  • Custom master pages (more extensive branding will be supported later using alternative options)
  • Customization via InfoPath
  • Minimal Download Strategy (MDS)
  • SharePoint server publishing

see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/modern-experience-customizations-c... for more details

Thanks dean for the helpful link!

It would be helpful to allow users to open and view Infopath forms in "Modern View". 

I work for a corporation with 1000 + employees and have to tell people daily that they need to click: "Return to classic View" to use the Infopath forms. 

My Infopath forms used to work in "modern view" 

If anyone else is having similar issues and would like for Microsoft to work on a solution, give this post a reply so it can get some attention. 

Just want to add an update to this.. Today, ALL my Infopath forms NOW work in "Modern View" . 

xml doc lib.JPG

Choose Classic Experience for all form libraries with InfoPath forms. That should fix the issue

Good to know. 

Thanks