Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

how can I remove Azure AD Connect from my Azure tenant ?

Copper Contributor

My AD Connect is completely gone,  I don't need to sync to Azure anymore, 

In classic Azure portal, I was able to remove Directory Integration (AD Connect) from my Azure AD but I can't find the same functionality in the new Azure portal...

Can anyone suggest?

3 Replies

Hi

You can follow below link to remove the Azure AD connect 

https://scomandothergeekystuff.com/2017/05/02/disable-ad-connect-via-powershell/

Thanks

You need to follow the below step to remove AD tenet from azure. if you are going to delete the abc.com from azure AD 1) Fist you need to delete the all users from azure portal for the abc.com to remove bulk user you can use the below steps Get-MsolUser –All | Export-CSV c:\users.csv Edit your CSV and remove any accounts you do not want to delete (ie, your account and other Global Administrative accounts!) Save the file. So let’s now remove those users by using the following command: Import-CSV c:\users.csv | Remove-MsolUser –Force. 2) stop you ad sync with azure portal Connect-MsolService -Credential (Get-Credential) #provide your global admin username and pwd Set-MsolDirSyncEnabled -EnableDirSync $false -Force 3) once you deleted the users from the ABC..COM & stop the sync then go to aad.poral.azure.com and navigate to azure active directory. select the abc.com and click on the delete option.

@prashantchirde great reply. This works but aad.poral.azure.com is misspelled. It should be aad.porTal.azure.com