Policy TIP not showing when attachment contains sensitive data

Copper Contributor

I am using Azure Information Protection. I configured a DLP rule that triggers when the documents are classified "Internal" and shared outside. I followed this guide . The rule is configured in the compliance center and covers all workloads. 

Behavior : 

- I am sharing a document in one drive or sharepoint = I am receiving an email alert and share is blocked

- I open the file with Word, Excel, PPT 2016 = no policy tip

- I attach the file in an email = no policy tip

- Even if I am receiving an alert, DLP reports stays empty like if there was no match

Thanks

2 Replies

Hi Sylvain, you mention that you are using Azure Information Protection, but the guide you point out is in regards to Office 365 DLP. Can you clarify what you are using for DLP? If you are using Office 365 DLP, make sure you have the option to show a policy tip enabled in the policy you configured in the Security and Compliance Center.

Hi Adam

I am using AIP to add labels to my documents and I am using Office 365 DLP detect what is going on with those files. Policy TIPs in Office 365 DLP are activated but does not work. We can see that DLP is working properly because my file in OneDrive is "blocked". Another issue is that in the report, I don't see my events.  

Take a look at my screenshots. I have the feeling it will end up with a ticket.

Thanks

Capture44.PNG

Capture22.PNG

Capture.PNG