Welcome to the June update for Project for the web!
The new features called out below may look familiar if you follow Project on the Microsoft 365 Public Roadmap, which gives advanced notice on pending releases of larger features. Additionally, other new capabilities mentioned in both this blog and future blogs will be appearing in the monthly “What’s new in Project" article, which will list out new larger and smaller features that already have rolled out.
The feedback you provide through the “Feedback” button in the product or UserVoice on Project for the web (or maybe both!) plays a vital role on how we approach new features. Please keep this feedback coming! We read every submission we get and try to respond as needed. Be sure to provide an email address so we can reach out for further information.
What’s the latest?
- Copy Project ~ You can copy an existing project and use it to create a new project. This feature should now be available to all Project for the web users. To find more information on this feature, please check out our Copy Project blog post!
- View persistence ~ Collapsing summary tasks and custom column width in Grid view will remain the same when you reload or reopen your projects.
- Office 365 user view to Project and Roadmap ~ All O365 users should be able to access Project and Roadmap as guests.
What’s coming next?
- Custom Fields at the Task Level ~ Create custom fields in Project for the web to allow you to store custom information about your projects!
- Add Roadmap reports to the PowerBI template ~ Starting very soon, you will be able to export data from roadmaps to PowerBI. Keep an eye out for future announcements and blog posts about this new functionality!
- Teams Integration for Project and Roadmap~ Right now, you can add Roadmaps and Projects as Web tabs in Teams. However, you soon will be able to add Projects and Roadmaps as an app in Teams.
Answers to top questions
Q: What admin permissions level is required to change working hours for a project calendar?
A: Dynamics 365 admins should have the permissions level to change working hours for project or resource calendars. If you need help with permissions for changing the project calendar, contact your systems admin.