Send mail to helpdesk from responder mail after submitting MS Forms

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have the following situation:

We are using Jira as helpdesk. 

Users can create helpdesk tickets when they send a mail to help@...

After that they get a mail from jira, with access to their ticket. The it admins can also respond to the ticket creator, to get further information.

A lot of our user don't understand this. We get a lot of duplicated mails and mails with missing information. 
Cause we don't want to create jira accounts for all our users, we now tried to use MS Forms.

We try to use PowerAutomate to send a mail to help@... after the responder submitted his answers.

As I explained it is necessary to send these mails with the responder mail. Otherwise the users with problems will not get the jira mail, that a ticket was created and our it admins can not respond to their tickets. 

Problem: Flow failed. You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.

{
  "status": 403,
  "message": "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.\r\nclientRequestId: d45fd15f-1758-4eea-82d5-1ed94570cf13\r\nserviceRequestId: 3bde0f4e-b927-467d-b94c-e1ac912ac7f0",
  "error": {
    "message": "You are not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.",
    "code": "ErrorSendAsDenied",
    "originalMessage": "The user account which was used to submit this request does not have the right to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account., Cannot submit message."
  },

I have already read through a lot of similar questions, but actually I didn't find a solution. 
Is there any solution to this? 

6 Replies

@Sebo12354 The flow either needs to use the "send an email (v2)" action which will go from the creator's email address, the "send an email from a shared mailbox" where the creator of the flow needs to have full send privileges, or use the "send an email notification (v3)" and in that case the email goes from Microsoft (but you can only send 100 emails in any rolling 24 hour period). In my company we always use the shared mailbox option. You'll need to check the flow creator's permissions as the message is clear that's where the problem is.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott thx for your reply.

As you can see I am already using Send an email V2. If I use Responders Mail like in my screenshot then I am getting the error message.

Sebo12354_0-1621588010288.png

"send an email from a shared mailbox": What does that mean? That all users can see the mails of other people? Do I have to use this account to create the flow?
I have not that much experience with this stuff :)

@Sebo12354 you can't use the Responder's email as the send as because you won't - and never will have - permission to send on behalf of that user. I recommend you get your IT people to set up a shared mailbox in Outlook that you and others in your team have permissions to send from. It's just a normal mailbox but not assigned to a single user. Others won't be able to see the emails there. The advantage if a shared mailbox is that if you leave the company the flow will continue to work. You should also give someone else co-ownership of the flow for the same reason.

We do this for our IT ticketing system which, instead of Jira, we manage in SharePoint. An earlier part of this flow creates the item in the list, gets the ID and emails the responder with the details of what they submited together with the ticket (ID) number for follow-up later.

triageEmail.png

Rob
Los Gallardos

Hi Rob,

I don't get it :)
I created a SHARED MAILBOX (for example shared@test.com). I created a formular with the admin account. I created the flow with the admin account. I gave the permissions to send and read from SHARED MAILBOX to this admin account and to my own account.
In the flow I used the shared@test.com in the "From (Send as)" field.

In the last version I used the admin account in this field and it was working, but then the customers that are creating the tickets have no access and our IT guys can also not respond to these tickets.

Thanks
Sebastian
Hi, did you ever solve this issue? I have exactly the same problem.

I want to send an email to the Service Desk of my company every time a MS form is submitted. It looks simple, I have configured the flow in Power Automate, however, the complex part is that I want the sender to be the person who submitted the form.
The email I sent to the Service Desk automatically generates a ticket in the ticketing system, and the sender is notified with an email which includes the ticket #, so that’s why it is important to have the right sender

@Marybb you can't send the email from the form submitter because you don't have send privileges on that email account. For out IT Support ticketing system (which also uses Forms, SharePoint lists and several flows) we always use a shared mailbox to send out the emails.

Rob
Los Gallardos