SOLVED

Get File Content Using Path - Not Found Error

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to create a simple Flow to convert a document to PDF (from a SPO Document Library) and then email it. (How this isn't OOB functionality for SPO is beyond me and a frustration that I will take out in another venue :facepalm:)

Anyway, Get File Content Using Path for the SP connector keeps saying my file isn't found, but it is, and I have fought with it enough and am breaking down to ask for help. I can literally copy/paste the passed String into my browser and up pops the file. (Oh, also, I tried Get File Content and it says the ID is invalid so, yep.. idonno.)

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 7.06.17 PM.png

Thanks!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by wkeber (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Solved it - posting as a reply for future reference in case it's helpful to someone else.

Need to use "Get File Properties" after "For A Selected File" because the Dynamic Value "ID" from "For A Selected File" is not the "Identifier" that "Get File Content" wants.

So "Get File Properties" uses "ID" as input, and then you use its output "Identifier" to "Get File Content" and works like a charm.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 9.51.41 PM.png

Entirely unnecessary, imo, because why can't "For A Selected File" just return all the properties for that selected file? BUT more importantly is not referenced anywhere in the documentation for this Connector.

5 hours I will never get back. :unamused:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by wkeber (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Solved it - posting as a reply for future reference in case it's helpful to someone else.

Need to use "Get File Properties" after "For A Selected File" because the Dynamic Value "ID" from "For A Selected File" is not the "Identifier" that "Get File Content" wants.

So "Get File Properties" uses "ID" as input, and then you use its output "Identifier" to "Get File Content" and works like a charm.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 9.51.41 PM.png

Entirely unnecessary, imo, because why can't "For A Selected File" just return all the properties for that selected file? BUT more importantly is not referenced anywhere in the documentation for this Connector.

5 hours I will never get back. :unamused:

View solution in original post