On April 11, 2023, some important Microsoft products will reach their end of support, which includes:
- Applications: Access 2013, Excel 2013, Lync 2013, Lync Phone Edition, Office 2013, OneNote 2013, Outlook 2013, PowerPoint 2013, Publisher 2013, Skype for Business 2015, Word 2013, Project 2013, Visio 2013.
- Servers: Exchange Server 2013, Lync Server 2013, Office Web Apps Server 2013,Project Server 2013, SharePoint Foundation 2013, SharePoint Server 2013.
After this date, these products will no longer receive security updates, non-security updates, bug fixes, technical support, or online technical content updates. If you are still using these versions after April 11, 2023, you may face increased security risks and compliance issues over time. Therefore, we strongly recommend that customers running legacy versions migrate to Microsoft 365.
Transitioning to Microsoft 365 has numerous business benefits (e.g.: Improved collaboration and communication, reduced user downtime, improved security and compliance, among others), and allows organizations to remain supported. Upgrading to the always up-to-date Microsoft 365 suite is easy. Here are some resources to help plan the move:
- Leverage the FastTrack program and work with Microsoft engineers to migrate your services to the cloud and drive user adoption.
- Use the App Assure benefit through FastTrack to help you implement Microsoft 365 Apps in your organization.
- For a detailed upgrade guide for a specific product, check out the following resources:
Important: There will not be an option to extend support for any of the products listed in this article beyond April 2023.
While Microsoft 365 is the world's productivity cloud that provides unique tools to stay productive, we also realize some devices aren't ready to migrate. In our commitment to supporting all our customers, we recently launched Office's latest perpetual version, Office Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC), designed for devices that can’t accept feature updates or aren’t connected to the internet.
Thanks again for being a Microsoft customer!