Microsoft 365 network connectivity test tool comes to Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant

Microsoft

The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool (SaRA) now includes running network connectivity testing using the Microsoft 365 network connectivity test tool. Read about SaRA here.

We have documented the integration of SaRA with Microsoft 365 network connectivity test tools here.  

Let us know what you think of this and how your network connectivity tests are going?

Regards,

Paul Andrew

Microsoft 365 network connectivity

4 Replies

Hi @Paul Andrew,
I'm using https://connectivity.office.com/ to figure out some issues I'm having with users Teams experience.  The files tab sometime doesn't show any content, but on refresh will sometimes come back.  In some cases the users are not getting to view the files tab at all.

I am running the network connectivity tool & finding that some of the affected users are exhibiting errors in the tool > Details > connectivity > TCP Connection, with the warning failure result showing:

Unblock URL: 

teams.microsoft.com

Test FQDN(s) used were:

teams.microsoft.com

Unblock URL: 

*.office.net

Test FQDN(s) used were:

insertmedia.bing.office.net

Unblock URL: 

*.teams.microsoft.com

Test FQDN(s) used were:

statics.teams.microsoft.com

Then further errors in the SharePoint Online section:

Download speed: Test failed. Unable to test SharePoint Front Door

Buffer bloat: Test failed. Unable to test SharePoint Front Door

I have around 10 users affected in our estate & they didn't experience this issue 4 months ago.

We haven't made any changes to port blocking etc & in all cases the users are only having the issues when working remotely.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

M

@Mipomaker can you please test the failing FQDNs with a curl command on the same machine? Use a Windows Command Prompt and send me the output of this command:

curl -v -o deleteme insertmedia.bing.office.net

@Paul Andrew 

Thanks for the article and this tool is really helpful to identify and troubleshoot any kind of connectivity issues.

I am trying to upload subnet information for whole organization, however getting failed with wrong format. I have gone through the MS article and there are 2 ways to upload the whole organization subnet information in Network connectivity tool.

1.        Download the subnet information from CQD and upload the .tsv file – When I am trying to download subnet information from CQD, it’s getting downloaded as CSV only and no option to convert to TSV.
  2.        Follow Microsoft article to create a csv with file 5 columns, this is also getting failed with wrong format.

Do you have any sample csv file which needs to be uploaded to populate whole organization information.

For 1, you can convert from CSV to TSV using PowerShell or Excel and we have a backlog item to update to match CQD.

For 2, you can download the current CSV, edit it and reupload it as described in the UX on the screen accessed from "Manage multiple locations". There is also a link to the help documentation for this on that screen. Here's the help: https://learn.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/enterprise/office-365-network-mac-perf-overview#csv-import...

Regards,
Paul