SOLVED

connectivity test: Unblock URL: *.svc.ms

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

After running the Microsoft 365 network connectivity test tool located at https://connectivity.office.com I'm getting following 'issue' in the TCP Connection section:

Unblock URL: *.svc.ms

Test FQDN(s) used were: 4-northcentralus1-pushp.svc.ms 6-northcentralus1-pushp.svc.ms

Any pointers on how to fix this and what it means?

Thx,

Mathieu

4 Replies

@mathieudenys i got the same, got any further with this already?

best response confirmed by mathieudenys (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mathieudenys There's an older post on this forum where someone from MS says this is a bug.  They later say that it was resolved, but I believe that to be incorrect, as I always get this same message and it doesn't matter what network I run it on, even when there is no sort of filtering in place.  It's definitely a bug and can be ignored.

@sschreffler Its not a bug, some DNS services dont carry the zone for svc.ms E.G Google 

nslookup 6-northcentralus1-pushp.svc.ms 8.8.8.8

Server: dns.google
Address: 8.8.8.8

*** dns.google can't find 6-northcentralus1-pushp.svc.ms: Non-existent domain

nslookup 6-northcentralus1-pushp.svc.ms 208.67.222.222

Server: dns.opendns.com
Address: 208.67.222.222

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: b-0013.b-msedge.net
Address: 13.107.6.168
Aliases: 6-northcentralus1-pushp.svc.ms
6-northcentralus1.pushp.svc.ms.b-0013.b-msedge.net

Recently saw an issue on this.
Any error that says "pushp.svc.ms" can be ignored, because nothing should be using that naming convention anymore, and were deprecated a while back
The new service urls look like "pushfp.svc.ms" or "pushnp.svc.ms" (pushf / pushn)
Not sure why the Connectivity tool is still using those, but we will report it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mathieudenys (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mathieudenys There's an older post on this forum where someone from MS says this is a bug.  They later say that it was resolved, but I believe that to be incorrect, as I always get this same message and it doesn't matter what network I run it on, even when there is no sort of filtering in place.  It's definitely a bug and can be ignored.

View solution in original post