SOLVED

Problem with Windows Update KB5005101

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I received the error message 0x80070490 "Opening the package from location ..." when I have the KB5005101 installed on my PC. If I uninstall the update, the installation work without problem. It's a Sideload application.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Roy_MacLachlan (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @maboulianneV2V ,
Thank you for posting about your experience on our Tech Community board. I'd like to help you with this experience.

Can you provide me with some more details about what is occurring. Information such as, but not limited to:

• What actions are you performing when you get the error?
  • Which Windows apps are experiencing this problem, are all, or is it only some?
  • Are all Windows apps that are experiencing this problem side-loaded?

Any and all details will help us understand what is happening.

Thank you,

Roy

Hi @Roy_MacLachlan 

It was a problem with a sideload custom application from my devteam. No particular action, we just tried to install the application and we got the error when the Windows update is applied.

The good news, we don't have the problem anymore. I subsequent Windows update seems to fix the problem.

I don't have any more detail at the moment.

Thanks

Marc

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roy_MacLachlan (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @maboulianneV2V ,
Thank you for posting about your experience on our Tech Community board. I'd like to help you with this experience.

Can you provide me with some more details about what is occurring. Information such as, but not limited to:

• What actions are you performing when you get the error?
  • Which Windows apps are experiencing this problem, are all, or is it only some?
  • Are all Windows apps that are experiencing this problem side-loaded?

Any and all details will help us understand what is happening.

Thank you,

Roy

View solution in original post