How to convert .Net 4.5 or VC++ Redistributable pre-requisite related apps

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

Could anyone advice how to convert the apps to MSIX which has .Net 4.5 or VC++ Redistributables as pre-requisites.

1. Do we need to bundle VC++along with the main application in MSIX?

2. If only bundle is the option, then how we deal with .Net 4.5 pre-req requirement apps? because most of the Win 10 devices has in built .Net 4.5., in order to bundle we need to install both .net along with main app in MSIX tools monitoring phase. how we install .net where it is already available on the machine. even we install also, not sure whether MSIX will capture whole part of .Net to bundle it with main app.

Please suggest how to handle the conversion of apps with .Net and VC++ pre-req.

3 Replies

@Siva116 thank you for your question. Someone will respond to your question as soon as possible.

Hi All,
Could you please provide any suggestion on this type of request conversion to MSIX???
Obviously, not an authoritative Microsoft response, but...

Prerequisites of this type (I am excluding the .Net Framework itself) may be handled either inside or external to the package.

As a general rule, I prefer to include redistributables in the package when repackaging an existing installer into MSIX.

When building an MSIX package as a developer, it would be great to mark the package as having a package dependency on a package containing the dependency, but not enough are publicly available through nuget packages and the like, so I often include them in the ingredients of the package.