Time Blocking

Copper Contributor

I think time blocking should be considered by the To Do team. I think it could be a simple integration with what is already in the works. If you are not sure what time blocking is, please check out this link (Time Blocking). This is something that has been very helpful with my ADHD.

Currently Microsoft has created the ability, on the web only version, to drop tasks directly into your schedule. I think two tweaks could make this improvement vastly better.

1. Obviously add this to outlook on the desktop.
    • This is critical for this to be effective. Without having the desktop integration, I think the functionality is almost useless. I do not want to go into the internet to be able to focus. The internet is used so I can avoid tasks, not complete them.
  2. Secondly, allow an estimated time for tasks.
    • With time blocking this is critical. Guessing the amount of time needed would really help speed up the process.
    • This could be done using the AI when typing in the task. Just add in a search function to see if there is an allotted time. "Wash Dishes at 9:30 tonight, it will take 45 minutes" Or "Clean Garage, it will take 2 hours" or "Study for test by Friday for 2 hours"
    • This could then be used in the drag and drop function to create a time block in outlook.
0 Replies