Manually sorting To-Do tasks and turning off sort order

Highlighted
Visitor

Help - this is driving me crazy....

I want to be able to sort my tasks manually (ie, not in one of the order options - alphabetically, creation date, etc)

I am able to drag and drop tasks into any order on SOME lists - ones which don't have a 'sorted by' option already selected and showing just under the list title. (there is one exception to this: Important list. Can't manually sort even thoiugh there is no sort order selected).

SO: how do I turn off an automatic sort order once it has been selected????  I've tried everything and looked everywhere - baffled!

don

10 Replies
Highlighted

@Don Slater

I was struggling with this too.

Rob Weiss posted the solution to this in a UserVoice related to manually sorting To-Do tasks.

"You can turn off Sort by clicking the x in the sort header bar at the top of the list. then you can sort manually"

Highlighted

@gjen020 

I tried this and it doesn't seem to work that way for me. When the X in the sort header bar is clicked, the only thing that happens is the Sort By bar is hidden. I was unable to manually sort.

Perhaps I missed something or don't understand your solution. Can you elaborate?

Highlighted

@gjen020 
Thank you for the "X" Trick - this is more like a "easter egg" than a feature ;)

Highlighted

@banthonywhite  I feel your frustration - If I can't manually sort, this product is useless..

After deleting the X associated with the sorting choice in the header, I closed out of To Do and then restarted the app.  Then the manual sorting was available.  

Highlighted

@JavaBeansNo matter what I try, I can't manually sort the Important list. Is this expected behaviour? Many thanks. 

Highlighted

@Aaron88 , Once I select the "X" on the list to turn off the sorting, the system will not allow me to sort manually.  But then I close the To Do application entirely, then restart the application.  It works then.

Good luck!

Highlighted

@JavaBeans, just to confirm, you are able to sort the Important list after you click X and restart the app? I am not able to in any version of the app. Many thanks.

Highlighted
Aaron88, my apologies - I misunderstood your comment. You are correct -- it is not possible to manually sort the "important" list. I've tried various methods too. Disculpame.
Highlighted
Highlighted

@JavaBeans Thanks, closing and then re-opening it (on my PC computer) worked. It's a double Easter egg! Thanks!