SOLVED

High disk usage while MS ToDo is running.

Copper Contributor

Found leaked 5TB SSD resource per last month. After short investigation i have detected that MS ToDo App (from MS Store) disk usage is about stable 14 MB/s for whole application lifetime.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by _iPilot (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi there,
do you use a pihole or any other sort of network filter (e.g. firewall)? It seems like the ToDo Application is constantly writing telemetry data to a local sqlite database (if it can't reach Microsoft servers). In my case the file is: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Todos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\54f951f237d74888af490174a7b46a0b.storage

The solution would either be to whitelist the contacted domains or simply disable the "Essential" Telemetry in the ToDo settings.
Don't forget to restart the application after applying any changes (to the network filter as well as the local settings).

@_Rickyy_ 

This worked for me, but it was necessary to turn off the telemetry on each of my ToDo accounts  (personal and work).

@_iPilot THANK YOU! Nailed it. I use a PiHole and my ToDo was behaving the same way. In the settings, it's now called "Send required diagnostic data." I turned that off and no more excessive disk usage.

LunaTechTX_0-1651515029837.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by _iPilot (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi there,
do you use a pihole or any other sort of network filter (e.g. firewall)? It seems like the ToDo Application is constantly writing telemetry data to a local sqlite database (if it can't reach Microsoft servers). In my case the file is: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Todos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\54f951f237d74888af490174a7b46a0b.storage

The solution would either be to whitelist the contacted domains or simply disable the "Essential" Telemetry in the ToDo settings.
Don't forget to restart the application after applying any changes (to the network filter as well as the local settings).

View solution in original post