Assign Task Reminders to Assigned Individuals

Copper Contributor

Currently, To-Do allows you to assign a new task to someone in your shared list. It is great! However, I notice that whenever I assign a task to someone I would have to contact them (via email or text, or phone call) to confirm they have completed the task. I think it would be a very nice feature to have the option to assign task reminders for workers or others to complete the task they are assigned instead of just being given the task. I understand that when a task is assigned you can manually input a reminder for yourself once assigned. However, more times than not, you often forget, therefore, when given a reminder from your boss or manager you are able to be reminded by the app. This would eliminate the need to have your boss remind you to complete the task. 

2 Replies

@LeoLen2250 

Agree 100%.  This is also good for families that share a list.  Assigning a task to a teenager without a reminder is useless.  They will not willingly open the app to check todo’s without prompting.  At that point the app is basically useless. 

@LeoLen2250 Do you know if this feature is enabled on Microsoft To-Do yet? I noticed a similar issue in that when I set reminders for tasks assigned to my coworkers on a shared list, they do not receive reminders or due dates. So I have to remind them manually. Is there an option with To-Do where set reminders and to-do dates will populate on the assigned person's To-do list (e.g. in their My Day view)?