Hello, you may have already heard the big news that the Microsoft Loop app is available for public preview. Loop is a transformative co-creation experience that brings together teams, content, and tasks.
In this blog we are thrilled to share with you a little more about how Microsoft Loop helps teams stay in sync and on track with your tasks. You will see the Loop tasks synced across Microsoft 365 apps like Microsoft To Do, Microsoft Planner, and the Tasks app in Teams.
Task management while collaborating has never been easier!
Add s in Loop App
A Loop workspace is a shared place where you can bring together what you need for your project, including tasks. On a Loop page you can type “/” to insert a task list and add more tasks by selecting Add a task. Each task can be assigned to a user by just mentioning/selecting the user’s name. component so you can share it across Microsoft 365 using chat in Teams, Outlook, or even in apps like Whiteboard and Word on the web. As tasks are added or completed, the updates stay in sync across all the places the task list was shared, no matter where the edits are being completed.
View the Task Lists in Microsoft Planner
for visual task management. That’s why tasks in Loop are integrated with Planner to make team task management even easier. You can click on the six-dots menu to see an option called Open in Planner.
Manage your Tasks list in Microsoft Planner.
With Microsoft Loop integrated to task applications in Microsoft 365
- You can create Task lists in Loop application workspaces and see them as a plan in Microsoft Planner. As a user of Microsoft Planner, you will be able to edit these tasks via Planner interfaces and get these changes synced back to the Loop page.
- You can amend the title of the task, due date, or even change the assignees of the task via Planner interfaces.
- You can also leverage other capabilities like adding labels or adding notes that Microsoft Planner currently offers.
- You can create multiple Tasks lists in Loop workspaces and all of that will be integrated into Planner plans.
- All the users who have access either to the plan or to the Loop page will have editing rights to the plan itself.
- All users who are assigned a task will get notifications regarding assignment, as well as reminders about due date.
View your assigned tasks in Microsoft To Do
With Microsoft Loop integrated into task applications in Microsoft 365,
- For the Task lists created in Loop workspaces, you will also see the tasks assigned to you in the Assigned to me list of Microsoft To Do.
- You can leverage the capabilities of your personal task management app to manage the Loop created tasks, like add to My Day or add Notes.
- You can easily navigate back to the context (from which the task got created) by clicking on the Contextual Linked Entity on the To Do interface.
Note: If you don’t find the tasks created in Loop in other Microsoft 365 apps, you will need to work with your tenant admin to switch on the Task sync experience.
Pretty cool, right? We can’t wait for you to start using Loop with Planner and To Do! Do let us know what you think in the comments below or connect with us on Twitter and Facebook. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.