Now in public preview: Virtual appointment - a new Teams Meeting type for B2C meetings

Microsoft

Description

We've introduced Virtual Appointments as a new Teams meeting type accessible from directly within your Teams Calendar. This experience brings enhanced business-to-consumer meeting features into the lightweight and familiar Teams scheduling experience.

When meeting with someone from outside of your organization, the Virtual Appointment meeting can be used to ensure the person you are meeting with has a seamless experience with the meeting from start to finish - all without having to learn new tools or leave the standard scheduling flow. Those external guests you invite will receive a customized meeting invitation that includes appointment details and a quick-join button, which allows users to join the meeting from anywhere - without downloading Teams - and enter a pre-appointment waiting room before the meeting begins.

To learn more, please check out Virtual appointment meeting template in Microsoft Teams. Corresponds with roadmap item 100705.

Flighting status

Available to everyone now

How to enable

In the Teams app, navigate to the Calendar and click the dropdown menu next to the 'New Meeting' button in the top right corner. Select 'Virtual appointment' from the list.

1 Virtual appointmens.png

2 Virtual appointmen.png

Note: If you need information about enabling the public preview itself, see “Enable the public preview for Teams” below.

Supported clients and platforms

Windows

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Edge

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Known limitations

Not currently available for EDU

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at  Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. See  Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) for instructions. 

Summary of public preview features

For a history of features in the Teams public previews, see Microsoft Teams Public Preview - Microsoft Tech Community

Send us your feedback 

Got feedback on features in the public preview or other areas of Teams? Let us know straight from Teams via Help Give feedback This is on the bottom left of your client.

Give feedback.png

Thank you,

Preview Team

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

12 Replies
Seems the preview is not ready for a preview.

1. No virtual appointment can be scheduled > Creating a new virtual appointment, adding all data, saving ... "Something went wrong. Edit event to try again."

2. Teams Admin Center > Meeting template policies, option to hide the virtual appointment template is always disabled, also with an error: "The page you are looking for doesn't exist."

Hi @TobiasAT , thank you trying the feature and for reporting this. I will look into this and get back. Thanks!

Emily

Hello @Emily Kirby , thanks. I can reproduce the issue in two different tenants. My current Teams version is "Version 1.6.00.2573 (64-bit). It was last updated on 07/02/2023."

For the 2nd issue with the missing template, the system is looking for the URL https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/meetings/templates/firstparty_e514e598-fba6-4e1f-b8b3-138dd3bca748.... Seems the page is not available; result is the mentioned error "The page you are looking for doesn't exist."

Both tenants are in the Region Switzerland. Happy to share more information, if needed. 

Tobias

Can confirm I am experiencing the same issue as Tobias. Just updated the Teams client this morning too, version is 1.6.00.2573 (64-bit)
Hi there, I can confirm this still not working. I got the same message. Version 1.6.00.2573 (64 bits). Let us know when ready, please. I'm really excited to play with this new feature ;)
Hi all, same here.
Version - 1.6.00.4472 (64-bit) - "Something went wrong. Edit event to try again." - attempts to schedule in calendar and then fails. Client and browser. Please keep us updated, thanks
As an update, virtual appointment scheduling now works.

@Jan_Steberl Am I correct in drawing the conclusion that the (EA) option for scheduling a virtual appointment has suddenly disappeared? When I click on the plus-sign to schedule an appointment I had the option to choose the "Virtual Appointment" until last week. At the beginning of this week, that option is suddenly gone. What happened? 

I am still getting error "Something went wrong. Let's try again" when I try creating a Virtual Appointment via the Teams Client > Calendar.

If I install the Virtual Appointments Teams app it allows me to create etc.

I am on Teams version 1.6.00.8767 (64-bit)

@Jan_Steberl 

Is there a way to invite multiple external ppl all at once seems the interface is one name, email at a time.

Thx

Hi! I'd like to use this feature to have a permanent 'chat' open with those I have invited external to my organisation.  Is that possible? @Jan_Steberl