Now in Public Preview: Teams Meetings Performance improvements

Microsoft

Description

We continuously make improvements to our service and overall experience and today we want to share about performance improvements when running Teams Meetings with video enabled.

Flighting status

These improvements are now fully available in in the  pubic preview ring (R3.6). As always, please check for updates in your client to confirm you’re running the latest build.

How to enable

This is automatically enabled for all users in Preview.

Supported clients and platforms

Windows 10

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Edge

Internet Explorer

Yes

Yes

Known issues

There are issues where video may pause or freeze during meetings. We are actively working to address this. If you experience this issue, please submit feedback via Help > Give Feedback.

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. See Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) for instructions. 

Summary of public preview features

For a history of features in the Office and Teams public previews, see Release Notes Current Channel (Preview) - Office release notes | Microsoft Docs.

Send us your feedback 

If you still see any issues when video is turned ON in your meeting, let us know via Teams client > Help Give feedback 

Thank you,

Preview Team, @Sri Gorantla

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

3 Replies

Hi Kaushal,
is this feature also live in the Windows ARM version of the Teams client as I'm using this one.
I only recently (~yesterday) received the Noice Suppression Feature and had it for weeks on my normal Windows Teams client.
Thanks,
Oliver

@Kaushal Mehta

It is great to see that PG is finally give their attention to this. Will these improvements impacting to the Chromium version? At the moment the userAgent version on Teams client is extremely old. My worries is, that is not only the label, but the whole engine is old.

And about the performance issues, there are more on this:

1. Basic typing on chat is lifting the CPU load to high.

2. Moving the mouse (no clicking, only moving) is lifting also the CPU load.

ps. the brackets on your name "(LYNC)" is causing a following error when mention you on the text:

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

@Kaushal Mehta (LYNC) 

Seeing quality issues fairly regularly now.  Both in image quality, and gallery 'structure'.  I've submitted feedback on both.  Also seeing problems where video doesnt appear in normal gallery mode for users, but if you change to large gallery, it appears.

Also have had a premier ticket open for quite some time, but zero value in responses received yet.