Now in public preview: Speaker Coach in Microsoft Teams Meetings

Microsoft

Description

Bring your best self into every meeting with Speaker Coach, your own private, personalized meeting coach. Speaker Coach provides private, personalized feedback on your speaking skills in both real-time as well as post-meeting, in a summary.

Flighting status

Available 100% in Public Preview channel. 

How to enable

Turn on Speaker Coach within your meeting.

While you are in a meeting, you can turn on Speaker Coach. There are two ways to enable Speaker Coach:

1. Clicking on the overflow menu (…) 
    1. Select the overflow menu (…) button within your meeting call.
    2. Click on “Turn on Speaker Coach”

KaushalMehtaLYNC_4-1657298105167.png

2. By sharing content via PowerPoint Live
    1. Click on the share tray icon within your meeting. 
    2. Select a PowerPoint presentation you want to display.
    3. Once your PowerPoint view has loaded, select the Speaker Coach button underneath your main slide.
      KaushalMehtaLYNC_3-1657298036164.png

Once Speaker Coach is enabled, speak as you normally would during your meeting to see what kind of feedback, we have for you.

Post meeting Speaker Coach report

Once you are done with your meeting you can access your post meeting Speaker Coach report by

1. Clicking on the notification that you received after your meeting ended
  2. Clicking on the chat from the meeting where you used Speaker Coach. There will be a tab called "Speaker Coach" in that chat will take you to your Speaker Coach report.

KaushalMehtaLYNC_5-1657298185361.png

Enable Speaker Coach for all your meetings.

You can automatically turn on Speaker Coach for all your meetings in the Speaker Coach report from a previous meeting. On your report there will be a toggle (top right area) to "Automatically start Speaker Coach in meetings". Toggle the setting on to turn on Speaker Coach for all your meetings on that device.

Known limitation: This setting is on a per machine basis and is reset on sign-out.

Note: If you need information about enabling the public preview itself, see “Enable the public preview for Teams” below.

Supported clients and platforms

Windows 10

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Edge

Internet Explorer

Yes

Yes

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Privacy Note: The notification during the meeting is private to the user and not visible to anyone else. It is not included in the meeting recording if the user or anyone in the meeting started recording. The summary report after the meeting is also private and visible only to the user and not accessible by others within Microsoft, including your IT administrators.

Known limitations

• Currently only the English language is supported. The Teams app language must be set to English, as well.
  • Speaker coach is not supported for channel meetings or when starting a meeting using the "Meet now" option.
  • If a user has disabled transcription’s speaker attribution in settings, they won’t be able to use speaker coach.

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. See Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) for instructions. 

Send us your feedback 

Got feedback on features in the public preview or other areas of Teams? Let us know straight from Teams via Help Give feedback 

Thank you,

Preview Team, @Emily Kirby 

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

8 Replies
does it function the same way as PowerPoint presenter coach, but in a live environment?
Are there any privacy concerns with this tool listening to meetings? What is the retention policy on this?
I've been enjoying Speaker Coach until it seemingly disappeared on September 8th, 2022. Is there a plan for a standard release?
Same here, would like to hear of any updates.

Is it possible to get a report if they are turned on automatically, but meet on as weekly basis with External users? The chat becomes disabled when the meeting ends, so while the notification is given, the report doesn't seem to be available. Is is possibly saved in OneDrive per chance for cases like these?

Interesting feature, but we're keen on understanding how we can disable this on our tenant - while we gain further understanding of whether or PII information is analyzed, geo-fenced, etc.. Can you please let us tenant admins know how to disable this feature on our tenant? thx.

@jennithompson Hello, I know your message is from 2022 but I did not see a reply and was curious if you were able to locate where the Speaker Coach reports are stored. I was on a call with external customers and saw the notification pop up saying the report was ready but did not click on it. Now I went back to find it and cannot locate it or the notification (thinking I could just click on the notification). I just can't imagine that is a limitation to this feature. I know when it is just internal customers that I can then click on the "chat" for that meeting and access it but when the meeting includes external customers I am not sure where to locate the report from. Thank you for any guidance or suggestions you have. 

This just hit our tenant. Will this require premium licensing? Does the Speaker Coach service run in our tenant, or is audio data streamed off-tenant (out of our control) for processing?