Now in public preview: Intelligent meeting recap (Premium)

Microsoft

Users with a Teams Premium license will now be able to access a comprehensive meeting overview in the new ‘Recap’ tab in Teams, which leverages AI to provide personalized highlights and key insights from the meeting.

Intelligent Meeting Recap.png

Flighting status

Available to everyone in Public Preview channel.

How to enable

For users with a Teams Premium license, Intelligent Meeting Recap is a comprehensive AI-powered meeting recap experience that helps users catch-up, recall, and follow-up on hour-long meetings in minutes by providing recording and transcription playback with AI assistance.

Located on the new ‘Recap’ tab in Teams calendar and Chat app, this experience also allows users to browse the recording by speakers, as well as access AI-generated suggested notes, suggested tasks, and @mentions.

How to get started with Microsoft Teams Premium:  https://aka.ms/SetupTeamsPremium

Note 1: If you need information about enabling the public preview itself, see “Enable the public preview for Teams” below.

Note 2: To be able to use this feature, user needs to be in Public Preview. Other meeting participants are not required to be in Public Preview.

Supported clients and platforms

Windows

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Google Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Microsoft Edge

Yes

Yes

Known issues

None

Known limitations

• The intelligent features are only available for Teams Premium users and for meetings that were transcribed and recorded. The user can toggle an option to be anonymized in meeting transcripts, by access Teams setting -> Captions and Transcripts.
  • AI generated notes and AI generated tasks will only be available in English during the initial release in May. We will communicate the availability in other languages later.
  • Topics are not going to be available during the initial release in May. We will communicate the availability later.

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. Learn how at Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) 

Send us your feedback 

Got feedback on features in the public preview or other areas of Teams? Let us know straight from Teams via Help Give feedback This is on the bottom left of your client.

image6.png

Thank you,

Preview Team

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

6 Replies
Let me ask my crystal ball, in addition to the Teams Premium license a Viva Topics license will be required for the Topics feature.

@TobiasAT No need for a crystal ball! Just go to the product site: Knowledge and Expertise | Microsoft Viva Topics - It's a pretty substantial product

@Jan_Steberl - Nice update. Being able to search the transcript, click on the text and have the video jump to that point is great.

I've found the shared files are a bit hit and miss. I've tried a couple of test meetings that haven't picked up the PowerPoint Live file.

What is the difference from the Teams Premium Intelligent Recap and the one we will get with Co-Pilot?

@Jan_Steberl 

Thank you for this update.

When do you think this feature will be available for european users ?

thank you,

Hi,

I have enabled the Teams Premium trial. My meeting was recorded and transcribed too. I do see a "Recap" tab, but I do not see Tabs like "Notes", "AI Notes" etc. like here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/premium#tabxfcc19586dc5041068aef8043e768f502. Do we need to enable something else?