New Public preview for mac

Copper Contributor

how do i enable new preview?

12 Replies
Do you already know how to activate the new Microsoft Teams?

So the new Teams app public preview is switched on by your IT Administrator, and when you login to the app, a big switch in the top left will appear, and as a end-user it will be up to to you if you want to use it.

Oh and once your IT administrator has enabled public preview for you, you must accept becoming a public previewer. The instructions for you to enable it are at the bottom of this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/public-preview-doc-updates 

I am the Admin at my work and I have created a policy to all the Teams public preview. It works on anyone on a PC, but not a Mac. The Mac users never get the "New Teams" toggle button.
Also there is no option for them in the About screen for the Public Preview either.

@danjswartz I have the same issue.

@Steph_ITBRM @danjswartz 

Same issue here. Mac client cannot get into the public preview. Have you ever been able to find a solution to this?

@David Coyer Yes ! Finally got it to work.

I created a policy for Public Preview with Forced and assigned it to Mac users.

It can take couple of hours for the policy to take effect.

The Mac version does not come with the toggle to enable Preview but once on EA you can switch back.

Have a great day.

I cannot get the public preview for mac to work.. has anyone got it to work?

Good afternoon.

Yesterday I got the toggle to switch to the New Microsoft Teams (Mac).

Everything seems to work well, but now I'm not able to add my custom background on Teams meetings/calls. However, my colleagues with Windows PCs can add background images.

Anyone with the same issue?

@IvoFernandesPT I just installed it and I confirm custom background is not available.

Same here. I really need to install a custom company background and am surprised this is not available.

@IvoFernandesPT 
Same for me, I need to use custom backgrounds but I can't find where to add my company backgrounds or how to reuse the ones I had configured before.

There's a page here that seems to be tracking/documenting some of the known issues
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/new-teams-known-issues-mac

Not being to customize backgrounds isn't up there (yet..)