Post Migration Perisssions

Copper Contributor

I have encounter an issue post migration the permissions are not getting migrated. what I have read in the document that we need to stop inheriting the permissions and then only it will work properly. I have more than 1 lakh  videos uploaded in stream classic. It would be a tedious task to do it manually. Will there be any configuration once the toll is available?

1 Reply

@nehag2912 ,

Heya, thought I would add further to this post, having a very similar problem.

I recently migrated a company-wide channel from Stream (Classic) to Share (On SharePoint). The videos came across okay, and ended up under "Stream Migrated Video" > {My Channel Name}.

So, something like either case 6 or case 7 from the migration detail documentation.

Note they mention that the top-level folder and files inside the channel folder will inherit the EEEU (Everyone except external users) view permission. The problem is, it doesn't seem to work for anyone.

A visitor access user on the site isn't able to see the "Stream Migrated Video" folder, and even after removing unique permissions, the problem still remains for sub folders and files due to the unique permissions.

I've tested the EEEU group on the site permissions with visitor access, and confirmed that users could then use the site freely, which tells me that those users are a part of the EEEU group.

But why doesn't the EEEU behave the same for the channel folder?

This is making the migration difficult, as it's looking like I'll need to remove unique permissions for each file that comes across, unless I find a resolution for this.

Cheers