Missing Search Admin page

Silver Contributor

I have enabled Microsoft Search in Bing in a demo tenant and the page that should be available to manage the configuration is not showing up. It works fine in another demo tenant.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

10 Replies
Hi Dean, There is some known wonkiness that we are experiencing right now. Are you trying to make these changes via the Microsoft Search in Bing admin portal or the O365 admin center? Also, if you're in the Admin Center please make sure that preview mode is on (toggle in the upper right). Also, has this functionality worked for you previously in this tenant and this is something new? Also, when did you first enable this tenant for search? Lastly, if you could attach a screenshot of what you see in the admin portal that would really help. Are others experiencing this as well? Cheers, -Wendy

@Wendy_MSFT 

Preview Mode is enabled. 

The BingForBusiness.com\Admin site is working, there is just no way to get to it from O365 Admin

I don't think it has worked in this tenant, i had another demo tenant that worked, but it was expriring so I created a new one a few days ago.

here are the requested screen shots

Missing link to Search AdminMissing link to Search AdminIs is enabledIs is enabled

Great, thanks for the additional info, Dean! On the surface this looks like a known issue that is expected to be be fixed in in tomorrow's update. If you file a bug (send feedback in the upper-right hand corner) and include the tenant ID and name I can verify that that this is the issue and/or escalate further. Cheers, -Wendy
Hey Dean,

Did this get resolved for you today or is it still an issue?

Cheers,
-Wendy
it was missing earlier, but its there now. Thanks for you help. You can go home early now :)
Yaay! I'll let the boss know you gave me permission :)

Hi @Wendy_MSFT I think we're experiencing the same issue on our tenant. We're able to access the admin portal through https://www.bingforbusiness.com/admin but not through our main Microsoft Admin portal. I've only just noticed as it's been while since I've looked for the Microsoft search portal since the original configuration during the preview. What's the path for resolving this? Many thanks :)

@Phil Maynard Hi Phil,

Please see attached troubleshooting guide.

Cheers,

-Wendy

Hi @Wendy_MSFT Thanks for the guide but I don't think this is our issue. I'm a global admin on the system, we've got targeted release on for everyone, and we've all got Microsoft E3 licenses. Microsoft Search is just not appearing in the Office 365 Admin portal under settings. As mentioned, I can address the admin portal through the old bing admin link but would like it to be visible for other admins through the main admin portal. Thanks :)

Hey Phil,

Can you reach out to me via MSIBTeam@microsoft.com with some available times that we can sync over a quick Teams meeting to get this resolved? Also, if you could please share your tenant name and ID so I can research your details on the back-end, that would be great!

Cheers,
-Wendy