which certification is best for Testers, test managers?

Copper Contributor

which certification is best for Testers, test managers?

If they want to change career or move from Test engineer or test manager, which certification , learning path is good

3 Replies

@svseshagirirao I think...
ISTQB Certified Software Tester (Foundation Level)
ISTQB / ISEB Certified Software Tester (Advanced Level)
Read: https://www.istqb.org/

@Anas 

If Testers or Test Managers want to change career or move out from Testing, which one is best?

@svseshagirirao 

For testers, ISTQB certification is by far the most popular certification globally and in the U.S. 

The entry-level certification is ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (ISTQB CTFL). It's required for all levels above. For managers, you will also want ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager (ISTQB CTAL-TM). The pages I've linked to include free syllabi (body of knowledge) and sample exam questions and answers, if you want to get a feel for them.

If you'll be working for a U.S. employer, you'll want to make sure you get your ISTQB certification through ASTQB, which is the U.S. country board for ISTQB. That way you'll appear on the official U.S. ISTQB list that American employers check. 

I should note that ISTQB also offers an expert level test management certification if you're so inclined.