The true fix for missing Windows 11 Store App.

Iron Contributor
Here it is ignore other fixes tried them all they don’t work. I lost the Store App in the upgrade from 10 to 11. Even resetting PC never brought it back. So if that sounds similar to how you lost it do this 20 second fix. 1. Open Xbox App
2. Open settings.
3. Click on General settings tab (left second tab on list)
4. In upper right of screen (window) there will be a list of system bundles that are missing (I had three) click install on all of them. When installed it’s done close app.
5. Open Windows settings and go to Apps tab, then Apps and features (very top) scroll down list your welcome Store is back. Go set a restore point cause who knows what a windows update will do next.
82 Replies
thanks for this information!
Thank you! (I wish i found this before doing the clean re-install!) But like everyone else here, you found a solution that is not listed anywhere else. Thank you!
i have been doing a lot of failed steps and this is the only one the works. THANK YOU!
All my Microsoft apps are missing after the June update, so I wanted to try this.
However there after entering General settings tab there is no list showing.
There are only the 4 sections "star-up setting" etc.
Can anyone let me know if it is moved or I am missing something. Thanks

@Winupdatebad2023 you must follow what I posted. I don’t think your in general setting from within the Xbox App? Sounds like general windows setting you are in and that’s not gonna help regardless what Microsoft Devs say. Hell they keep doing the same crap with every update this problem is ten years old now and it keeps happening to people. They are their own worst enemy and the reason people willing to pay premium $ and switch to Apple. 

You get get it the Xbox app direct download from Xbox.com and don’t need worry about it being removed along with Store App. Why Microsoft hasn’t just creator a store app download after ten years of this problem annoying the hell out of people I just don’t get it. Stop updating windows I guess is only way to not have this happen.
I’m gonna say with Xbox being location of more than likely the brighter minds at Microsoft they are just more on the ball because well they have to be or they will be left in the dust by competitor Sony and PlayStation. Windows at its price really has no competition so there isn’t a push to make it foolproof obviously.
I had quit even trying to fix it. My friend brought Xbox over so went to connect with PC had no Xbox app so downloaded it then u
Stumbled upon the missing bundles for the store app that Xbox app needs and just could not believe it. I mean I had no store for years and everything devs said to do did absolutely nothing but waste my days. I could not believe it so had to post it. Surprised they didn’t delete my account to cover their incompetence lol.
That’s another issue then. Check your running processes make sure you don’t have multiple windows installers running that is eating up all your resources.
Wrong don’t do this it won’t work ever EVER. Dude isn’t smart enough to be Xbox division so he is out to lunch. Xbox.com download Xbox app then oh just scroll up and see earlier posts. Nobody doing what this guy just posted.
Hey I kept trying the reinstall game for years cause this kept happening over and over and over. And windows restore is crap doesn’t work sometimes it keeps your points others it removes them when you restore and then an update hits during the restore install yeah so many hours on this issue I don’t even own Xbox and just got lucky a friend brought his over and went thru process to connect to it lol.

@dre76fixitproper Awesome thanks! Out of the box new computer and Store nowhere to be found. And yes, tried all those "other" fixes!

I was skeptical at first, but after downloading the Xbox App from their website, I used it to detect the missing packages and install them. My Microsoft Store is now restored on my Windows 11 Home (22H2) system! Thank you!

Thank you so much!!! This is the best thing that I have found all week! I have been searching for a fix for a week and have spent way more time than I wanted to in Comand Prompt. Thank You!

Thank you so very much! Have had 2 friends in IT support trying to help me fix this - believe me I've already sent them copies of your fix :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I cloned an old NVMe to a larger NVMe using Western Digital's Acronis cloning software, and my Windows Store and ALL associated apps didn't clone properly (paint, calc, notepad, photos, Minecraft, etc) An in-place Windows re-install didn't fix it, nor did countless attempts at built-in troubleshooters, CMD/Powershell commands... nothing. Then I find this and bam it's fixed in 20 seconds. You are a legend.

@dre76fixitproper 

thank you, thank you, thank you

They should make a Windows 11 Troubleshooter that does EXACTLY this for the missing store. I've battled this forever and consulted many experts. This was the one logical way to achieve the need.

I@dre76fixitproper 

I am also truly frustrated. I would love to try this fix, but I have no "General Settings" bullet under "Settings". Also, I am not familiar with the Xbox app. Do I need to download/run this app?