Skype for Business not working/installing for 2020 Macbook Air

Copper Contributor

Despite searching the community and trying all the options from a similar thread in 2019, I can't get into a Skype for Business meeting at all.  The meetings app won't download properly in either Safari or Chrome.  Everything is updated to the most recent version.  I can only get on using my iPhone which is a really poor platform for meetings with more than 1 person.

Any solutions please?  This is not an internet connectivity issue.  Am I to assume this MS product just is not compatible with a new Mac?!  Help! This is for a really important set of meetings that I need to participate in.  Everyone else using Windows seems fine.

It either fails to download at this point (screen shot 1) and then if I try and use the desktop version, if I try to join as guest, the "join" butting (screen shot 2) is unresponsive and doesn't work at all.

2 Replies
I have a brand new macbook aircand can not get on Skype. I downloaded the app but it will not install.
I can only use Skype on my phone. Not a good platform for my meetings. I can't see the documents shared with the group.