Microsoft Teams Background Effects Option not Showing

Copper Contributor
Hi. So lately I've been having this annoying problem because the background effects option on my Teams suddenly didn't show up.

I always had it because I did use it before all the time, and then suddenly, it's gone. It's badly needed in my school and I don't know how to fix it. I don't know if it's because I might have changed some settings in my computer. I do not know.

My laptop meets all the requirements for Teams and as I've said, I had tried using the Background effects before though now I'm not entirely sure what causes it to not be there because I'm not that techy. Please help. Please.
1 Reply
Hi! Is the option to apply background effects missing for you in both the desktop and web apps? If it's desktop only- try clearing the cache (by deleting the files in these locations)
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\databases
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\cache
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\gpucache
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Indexeddb
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\tmp

If that doesn't work - try the trick from this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/show-background-effects-option-has-disappeared...

That forum is specifically for Teams issues, so you'll be able to get further help there :)