Microsoft Certifications - where can I start?

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Greetings

I am SharePoint Developer with 5+ years of experience. I have more experience in SharePoint Online rather than SharePoint On-Premise.

I have one confusion regarding Microsoft Certifications. There are many different types of certification in Microsoft like MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT.

Anyone can suggest me from where can I start?

Which is exact path for Certifications? Which exam I need to clear first and than I need to apply for other one?

Can you please list of Certification chain from Beginner level To Export level?

Thank in Advance.

2 Replies

@bhoomesh 

Previously, SharePoint certifications can divide into 2 classes, one is Administration (50-xxx) and the other one is Development (70-488/489).

Currently, all Microsoft certification paths distinguish each other by level, which is Fundamental -> Associate -> Expert.

It will cover both administration, hybrid deployment, development, and security.

The path is as follow

LevelExamCertificate
FundamentalMS-900 Microsoft 365 FundamentalsMicrosoft Certified Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
AssociateMS-300 Deploying Microsoft 365 Teamwork
+
MS-301 Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid
MCSA
Teamwork Administrator Associate
ExpertMS-100 Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
+
MS-101 Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security
MCSE Enterprise Administrator Expert

Pleaes be reminded that in order to entitle the MCSE, you must first obtain the MCSA first.

Hope can Help

Cyrus Cheng
MCT, MCSD, MCE: Azure Solutions Architect Expert

Hi Bhoomesh,

As you have mentioned that you have experience more into SharePoint Online and less into on-premise, I would suggest you to start your certification journey with below:

Refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/m365-developer-associate

You will be evaluated for below topic including SPFx framework, graph API integration, PnP provisioning.

• Implement Microsoft Identity
  • Build Apps with Microsoft Graph
  • Extend and Customize SharePoint
  • Extend Teams
  • Extend Office

All the best!

Regards,

Kanhaiya

'