Mar 31 2021 09:54 PM
Mar 31 2021 09:54 PM
Device: Lenovo Tab M7
OS: Android 9
- I (think) I've setup InTune correctly for "Multi-app Kiosk Corporate Owned Dedicated Devices"
- Just unboxed a new tablet
- Installed a QR reader app (there was no native QR reader)
- Scanned the QR code in MEM Enroll devices/Corporate-owned dedicated devices / custom_profile /token
- This then prompted me to download the Android Device Policy app
- Once that opened, it asked me to scan the QR code again
- After that, I receive the error:
"Can't add work profile
A work profile can't be added to this device. If you have questions, contact your admin"
What does this mean and how do I overcome it?
Apr 02 2021 06:18 AM
Apr 13 2021 08:38 AM - edited Apr 13 2021 08:44 AM
RE: Change to "default policy":
- I'm unsure what the default policy is
- The only term "policy" I can find in MEM portal is "Compliance Policy" under /devices/Android
- This is not configured so I assume its "default"(?)
- There is no device/user to remove as the device has never been setup (the subject of this post is stopping me)
RE: Android 9:
- What do you mean by "...isn't android 9 go?"
- I don't have another Android device to test on (procured 4 of these M7 tabs only)
Apr 14 2021 06:31 AM
The Lenovo Tab M7 runs the Go version of Android 9 (if i believe google ;) )
A few other things in Android Go have been disabled for performance reasons—or at least, don't work on our ZTE Tempo Go. Most of these are flagship-centric features you would not expect to get on a low-end device.
-Split-screen support. Side-by-side apps are apparently too much for 1GB of memory.
-Daydream VR. Totally reasonable.
-The "Android for Work" work profile.
-Android Wear. No smartwatches allowed.
-No on-by-default storage encryption. You can manually enable it though.
Apr 14 2021 08:31 AM - edited Apr 14 2021 09:01 AM
Thank you for the continued discussion.
So does this mean that the Lenovo TabM7 is not supported by InTune?
Or, do you have further ideas on how I can get this working?
Looks like the only Lenovo tabs that are supported are M10's (https://androidenterprisepartners.withgoogle.com/devices/#!?AER&search=lenovo).
Apr 14 2021 10:43 AM
Apr 14 2021 09:47 PM
May 12 2022 09:13 PM