SOLVED

Deploying windows activation key

Steel Contributor

Hi all,

I have enrolled devices into intune and I am getting the following message: 

Capture.PNG

Is it possible to deploy the product key via intune ? 

9 Replies
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution
hi,

Looks like the devices didnt had the proper license applied before enrolling (pro requirement)
You can upgrade the license to enterprise with a device configuration policy
If you just want to apply the license... why not using PowerShell? You can push a powershell script with the product key... But I am not aware about your licensing program and if it's okay to license it this way

slmgr /ipk "productkey"
Hi Rudy,

Can this be done with a KMS Key? As that is what we have used before when having devices connected to our domain. Thes devices however are now cloud only?

i activate them with powershell, wrap the script up in a Intunewin file and deployed trough an win32 app. 

Thanks this worked!

Hi, @Vinkiejj! I am struggling to activate windows with a powershell script, because I don't know where can I find such a script. Is there a public script that I can use?

Thank you

$(Get-WmiObject SoftwareLicensingService).OA3xOriginalProductKey | foreach{ if ( $null -ne $_ ) { Write-Host "Installing"$_;changepk.exe /Productkey $_ } else { Write-Host "No key present" } }
Something like this?
This is wat i use:

$computer = gc env:computername
$key = "ENTER KEY HERE"
$service = get-wmiObject -query "select * from SoftwareLicensingService" -computername $computer
$service.InstallProductKey($key)
$service.RefreshLicenseStatus()
Thank you guys! As I understand from @Rudy_Ooms_MVP's script is that doesn't require a 25digits key but that somehow access the Microsoft licenses and it doesn't need for modifications.

Regarding @Vinkiejj's script, the only modification required is the ENTER KEY HERE without quotes.

Am I right in some points?
You need to replace the text "ENTER KEY HERE" with your product key of Windows within the quotes.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution
hi,

Looks like the devices didnt had the proper license applied before enrolling (pro requirement)
You can upgrade the license to enterprise with a device configuration policy
If you just want to apply the license... why not using PowerShell? You can push a powershell script with the product key... But I am not aware about your licensing program and if it's okay to license it this way

slmgr /ipk "productkey"

View solution in original post