Apps won't install on my Windows client

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am testing Microsoft Intune. I have enrolled my Windows Client in Intune using the Intune Company Portal on my computer. It successfully enrolled and is showing up in Intune in Devices as compliant. I have added three apps in the Apps section from the Microsoft store (new) and assigned two of them to the appropriate logged in user, and one to my device, for testing purposes.

The apps are not installing regardless of how many syncs or restarts I do. The three apps are showing 'waiting for install status'.

By the way, I successfully enrolled my Android phone and pushed apps to it.

Any ideas. Thanks.

4 Replies
Hi :)

Is the apps still showing as waiting for install status?

@NicklasOlsen 
Yes the Installation status of the apps says 'Waiting for install status', I'm going to reinstall the Intune Company Portal on my PC and see if that helps.

On my PC, I disconnected from the cloud account, uninstalled the company portal then went into the Settings app > Accounts > Access school or work feature and joined through there. My device appears in Entra Admin but not in Intune!
Does your device have a "owner" in the Entra portal? I assume the user is licensed still for Intune, what license do you have?