APNs Expired certificate

Copper Contributor

We have hundreds of devices managed in Intune: corporate and monitored in ABM (enrolled in ADE - Automated Device Enrollment). When renewing the APNs certificate, a new certificate was generated instead of renewing the old one. The previous APNs certificate, with which the mobiles were enrolled, has already expired and its grace period is over. As it is a new certificate, all the devices are non-compliance and unmanaged. To manage them again means doing a hard-reset and starting enrolment from scratch with ABM (supervised by Apple).

Is there any other alternative to the hard reset? Is there any option to unlink/bind to the MDM?

Is there any option to renew the previous certificate even if it has expired?

thanks in advance for your help

2 Replies

@jdejulian 

Seeing that the solution has to be to restore the phone to factory settings, I would like to know if there is a way to delete the MDM (work) management profile installed on the phone, I have tried to do it with Apple Configurator 2 but it does not allow me to do it.

I have tried to do it with Apple Configurator 2 but it doesn't allow me to do it, I will show you the message that it shows us when I take a screenshot.

Is there any way to delete the MDM work profile from the device from the Intune (Microsoft Endpoint Manager) console?

Or, failing that, from Apple ABM?

It would also be interesting to know if there is any MDM configuration that will allow me to do it in the future.

Thank you very much in advance

@jdejulian I show you the message that appears when I try to delete the MDM work profile from the Iphone device from the Apple configurator 2 application.