Microsoft Secure Tech Accelerator
Apr 03 2024, 07:00 AM - 11:00 AM (PDT)
Microsoft Tech Community

Azure AD free, Office 365 and SSO

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I need some clarifications please on how to use Azure AD (free) to provide an SSO for users in on premises AD and Office 365. Can we achieve this with the free Azure AD?

Best regards

K

11 Replies

@costasppc Hello, I can't give you the specific details of what you need to do, but I can tell you that all you need is included in Azure AD Free. Such as SSO, Seamless SSO (depending on PTA or PHS), AAD Connect sync etc. View the table in the below link. 

Pricing - Active Directory | Microsoft Azure

Τhank you very much @ChristianBergstrom will look on the info and get back.

Best regards

K

Hi @costasppc good morning. 

If you want to integrate SSO with on-premises AD, you will need Azure AD Premium P1 enabling the hybrid environment with Azure AD Connect. 

You have here more info about AD Premium P1 and what it is included. Secure app access with single sign-on (SSO) | Microsoft Security 

I hope this can help you. 

Good luck!

@costasppc  Hello! My apologies for being unclear in the previous reply. I should have read and highlighted the disclaimer.

2) With Azure AD Free end users who have been assigned access to SaaS apps can get unlimited SSO access to cloud apps. On-premises applications require Azure AD Application Proxy or secure hybrid partnerships integrations available with Azure AD P1 and P2. 

@Pablomcse Thank you for jumping in!

Hi @ChristianBergstrom , 

No problem!! I just wanted to give some lights about the on-premises query. You are good here!

Good luck,

Thank you both, right now what we need from the Azure AD Free is the users to have SSO for their Office apps (meaning we want them to login to their workstations once, and have access to the Office apps without need to re-login).

Best regards

K

Hi @costasppc , in that case, as @ChristianBergstrom  clarified, you will need AD Premium P1. 

Good luck!

@costasppc Hello, yes. That is only for cloud apps.

Thanks,

Can you clarify which apps are these?

Best regards

K

@costasppc Hi, Azure AD supports more than 2,800 pre-integrated software as a service (SaaS) applications. They are cloud-based. You have the on-premise requirement and that is why you need Azure AD P1 at least.