Need for Microsoft Bookings Power Automate connector
Microsoft Bookings currently has a native way to send email & SMS text notifications. We can also send a Microsoft Teams invitation if the user wants to have online services. As our user base continues to grow, our customers are looking to build different workflows and complex integrations. For instance, some of our customers are looking for:
- Webex & Zoom integrations for online meetings
- Stripe integration for payments
- Dynamics 365 and Salesforce integration for integrating customer data to Customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Many custom email workflows
and many more...
Building all these integrations natively is difficult, so Bookings needs to develop ways to become a platform that will support all these integrations.
Power Automate is a popular and reliable solution for building workflows. Bookings did not have a Power Automate connector until now and by bringing in Power Automate connectors, Bookings admins can leverage any of the available Power Platform connectors as per their use case to build custom workflows.
What does the Bookings Power Automate connector contain?
Most of our customers are looking for scenarios based on appointments. With this release, Bookings admins will be able to create webhooks-based triggers to events like creating, updating, or deleting an appointment. Through this flow, admins will be able to:
- Create a connection (login) using their Exchange Online account. This Exchange account should be the administrator for your Bookings calendar.
- Create a workflow with one of the three Bookings appointments triggers.
- Add any of the relevant actions available using one of the other connectors (Zoom, Webex, Outlook, Teams, Salesforce, etc.).
- Test the flow and start using custom workflows by performing appointment actions.
How can you start using the Bookings Power Automate connector?
Head over to Power Automate and look for the Bookings connector. To learn more about this connector, check out this helpful Microsoft Docs article: Microsoft Bookings - Connectors.