SOLVED

Please, help to develop?

Steel Contributor

I am- by no means- a "techie." **(Although, I do wish I was.:stareyes::happyface::hearteyes:)** Nonetheless, an idea came to me while watching "The Unexplained w/ William Shatner." What caught my attention was a sign I could not read (because it was in Japanese).

I started to wonder, "I know Microsoft Bing has a way to/ of recognizing pictures; but, is 'it' also possible to create a program(?) that (can) detect a 'signature' language and then be translated into another using the same type of technology?"

For example, I am a tourist traveling to Japan. I come across a huge sign in front of a forest- and I cannot read it. I use the (app?) through my cell phone's camera(?) and 'it' translates the words back onto my phone so I can then read it/ them. 

Is there a way to connect the "image" and "translator"? I know there could be. I haven't the faintest idea on how to 'it.'

So, my question becomes: can/ will someone please help "make it so, number one!"?

14 Replies
Hello! I support yours I go - you have to take many steps to be able to translate the text which is JPG, png. But it is possible! If Bing downloads the file - if it detects text - you need to confirm that it treated the photo as text and then search for similar texts on the Internet (but still without translations) only gives the > to copy as text = paste into Bing Translator! = you get a translation in the selected language ! The procedure is = long, annoying, takes precious time! I believe that this should be in the default functions { translate as image = detect automatically = it would be very helpful! Interesting thing = This function is very necessary! Thank you very much. Andrzej

Witam! Dodam jeszcze 4 zrzuty ekranu, lepiej dla zrozumieć, jak do zrobić, aby pobrać najpierw z komputera już obraz obraz jako png. Użyłem mój wpisu na innej grupie MTC. Wystarczy postępować zgodnie z instrukcjami i OK będzie! Napisz, czy :thumbs_up: do działa dobrze dla Ciebie

Niestety nie mogę dodać wszystkich zrzutów ekranu, ponieważ MTC ich nie zapisze.

I added a link to this place to understand it thank you

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_REZjJH1p35cCPkk2pKIbC1FK7ywz.......

@Deleted :sad:I'm sorry.:sad: This does not help me. 

Witam Proszę o zdjęcie ze zdjęciem gdzie jest czy tekst do przetłumaczenia najlepiej w png. Jpg. niestety, nie wszystkie formaty plików można wykryć jako tekst w Bing Translator. Chciałem też dodać do MTC 2 screeny ale nie nie do możliwe! spróbuj dodać do swojego wpisu obraz, którego nie przetłumaczyć jako tekst, a ja sprawdzię, czy brakuje ci twoich umiejętności - format pliku nie z Bing Translator. Czekaj.

Udało mi się zrobić zrzut ekranu, na którym pokazałem, gdzie trzeba użyć przycisku kopiowania! I po tym, ponownie Tłumacz Bing zamknięcia tej sesji, ponieważ dla nas najważniejsze było, aby tekst, który został skopiowany! A teraz najważniejszą rzeczą po ponownym otwarciu tłumacza Bing - wklej wcześniej skopiowany tekst, a następnie wybierz - w jakim języku ma być przetłumaczony! Zdaję sobie sprawę, że jest to -skomplikowane! ale jest to możliwe. Dodam również link, w którym przetłumaczyłem na język chiński.

translator - Bing

@Deleted, 

Myślę, że źle zrozumiałeś. Mam nadzieję na program / aplikację, która może łatwo i szybko czytać / tłumaczyć tekst w / w sytuacjach typu „w ruchu”. Na przykład odwiedzasz kraj, w którym mówi / czyta / ma inny język niż Twój język ojczysty. Uważam, że tego rodzaju aplikacja byłaby / powinna być dostępna tylko na telefonach komórkowych / dla telefonów komórkowych.

Hi I understood so badly I use a desktop Windows, mobile device then I have no knowledge of it I , nice day Andrew

@Deleted There is still a lot of work that needs to be done regarding translations. I hope we can get to a point where our words are translated verbatim. Oh, and for the record, it is essential to note that I have/ am on a Dell Chromebook that uses ChromeOS and therefore uses the included translator to copy and translate words/ sentences in a "one-step" process.

Nadal jest wiele do zrobienia w zakresie tłumaczeń. Mam nadzieję, że dojdziemy do punktu, w którym nasze słowa zostaną dosłownie przetłumaczone. Aha, i dla porządku, ważne jest, aby pamiętać, że mam / korzystam z Chromebooka firmy Dell z systemem operacyjnym Chrome i dlatego używam dołączonego tłumacza do kopiowania i tłumaczenia słów / zdań w „jednoetapowym” procesie.

Hi! My dream is to use a very accurate translator! I work exclusively on Widows and appreciate other operating systems that work reliably in many languages of the world! Your comment regarding translations is very justified, I also want to write through an interpreter in the MTC, but there are no such technical possibilities I received a response from the MTC Manager. = I'm left pasting translations, but I'm very glad that I'm understood at least partially! Bing Group is Great!

@Deleted 

Kontynuuj wspaniałą pracę!  Kibicuję dla Ciebie! :happyface:

We are all here because we want the world to be better! Microsoft is currently creating projects to support the maintenance of the green planet for the future thanks to IT technology are great things, it is worth supporting! https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/green-tech/ct-p/GreenTech Sustainability is the future. Thank you very much Andrew

best response confirmed by Rae_Rae (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Hi I'm very glad I found I think the Microsoft product you dream of has all the features you wrote about and most importantly it works on tablet phones, etc.! I work stationary so I never needed such applications but thanks to you I found it - please see I will attach an article link and even is able to download! I am curious about your opinion Andrzej https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/personal/

@Deleted 

:hearteyes:WoW!!! Was that FAST! -LOL

:stareyes:Łał !!! Czy to było SZYBKIE! -LOL

Thank you! as the pandemic passes and we return to normality this app will help you travel the world! Andrzej

@Deleted 

:xd:Exactly!!! ;)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rae_Rae (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Hi I'm very glad I found I think the Microsoft product you dream of has all the features you wrote about and most importantly it works on tablet phones, etc.! I work stationary so I never needed such applications but thanks to you I found it - please see I will attach an article link and even is able to download! I am curious about your opinion Andrzej https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/personal/

View solution in original post