Open in new tab

Brass Contributor

Adverts on the search result tab now forbid "open in new tab". I accept that this is partly a browser bug, but assume that you are also to blame. As a user this is really annoying, and forces me to find a non-advert link to the same site. Why not let me click on it in the way I want?

7 Replies

@BedfordTim Thanks for sharing this with me, it's interesting. When I tried to recreate this issue, I was able to open the ads in a new tab. Can you give me more details about the steps you're taking and what browser you're using? 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@BedfordTim, I hope you're not using Chrome!

@Alyxe 

Hi, Thanks for looking. I am using Edge Dev (89.0.723.0 ) with uBlock  Origin installed but disabled for Bing. It used to be the case that Bing overrode Ctrl Click, but now the right click menu has gone as well. I just tried, and it is Bing specific and doesn't happen on Google. I am in the UK so it might be the site is regionalised.

No. Why install something just to get a slightly inferior experience.

@BedfordTim Interesting! I use Stable and Canary and can right-click on items in Bing Shopping. Let me do some digging and see what I can find. In the meantime, if you have Microsoft Edge Stable can you see if you get the same issue there? I really want to find the underlying cause of this.

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe I can right-click on items in Edge Dev latest version!

@Alyxe 

Interesting, it works as it should do in the stable version (87.0.664.57)

Even stranger it now works in the Dev version. I wonder if they have updated the site?