SOLVED

Is Dark mode for Bing desktop on the roadmap?

MVP

I really need the dark mode on Bing, i'm sure a lot of people agree with me too. dark mode is very useful feature, lots of apps and websites have a dark mode by now. Bing for mobile has it, only the desktop version is missing it.

is it on the roadmap? if not, why?

and if it's coming, when can we expect that?

thank you

9 Replies

@HotCakeX thanks for sharing your point of view with me! We've gotten similar feedback from users recently, so it is on our mind. I'll be connecting with our product team soon to discuss this pain-point and feedback. If you're able to elaborate on how this would be a useful feature for you, I'd be happy to pass it along for you. 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

best response confirmed by Alyxe (Microsoft)
Solution

@Alyxe

Hi, of course,

Dark Mode is a supplemental mode that's used to display mostly dark surfaces on the UI, instead of white. The design reduces the light emitted by device screens while maintaining the minimum color contrast ratios required for readability.

The advantages of Dark Mode are, it enhances visual ergonomics by reducing eye strain, facilitating screens to adjust according to current light conditions and providing comfort of use at night or in dark environments (big reason).

Additionally, it conserves battery power, thereby enabling device usage for longer periods without charging.

Thank you!

This post was from 2020, we still don't have dark mode, why is that?
February 2022 and still no Dark mode for bing.com. I've lost hope at this point and don't even expect it anytime soon.
I would suggest using Dark reader extension. It is really cool

yeah dark mode, it's a most right like real talk re up some more dark mode,, it is easily to them for make the change,,, all we can say that them really do care about us,,, jkl

@leo6gibbs120 I am desperately waiting for the dark mode Bing search 

I would appreciate the desktop dark mode Bing search . . .

@HotCakeX I have been requesting the dark mode for bing for a long time now. Even in the feedback hub app. But it seems like they don't care. The dark mode thing has been brought to mainstream by windows mobile devices. So Microsoft should make it's major thing 'bing' compatible to latest standards. Even all bing rivals has this feature.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alyxe (Microsoft)
Solution

@Alyxe

Hi, of course,

Dark Mode is a supplemental mode that's used to display mostly dark surfaces on the UI, instead of white. The design reduces the light emitted by device screens while maintaining the minimum color contrast ratios required for readability.

The advantages of Dark Mode are, it enhances visual ergonomics by reducing eye strain, facilitating screens to adjust according to current light conditions and providing comfort of use at night or in dark environments (big reason).

Additionally, it conserves battery power, thereby enabling device usage for longer periods without charging.

Thank you!

View solution in original post