Discovered but not crawled | URL cannot appear on Bing

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm facing a problem with indexation. 

A few days ago, All URLs of my site were indexed within seconds. But now it says

"The inspected URL is known to Bing but has some issues which are preventing indexation. We recommend you to follow Bing Webmaster Guidelines to increase your chances of indexation."

Here is the site URL: (link removed by moderator)

It is an educational site, and none of the URLs violates bing guidelines. Even the site is getting indexed in Google with no issue. Please suggest to me a solution what to do. 

I have already tried APIs but nothing

You can see the details in an image. 

Bing abc.PNG

43 Replies

@John_Bloggs1705 Same here. Looks like I've been unindexed for year or two now. I never really got many hits from Bing, but this could be why. Surprisingly, this is a website that has been going for about 10+ years with reputable content no shady backlinks. In fact, the site has links from Wikipedia, IMDB, and so on. I thought it might be a competitor filing a complaint or something, but it looks more like Microsoft's tech team messing something up.

There really is no reason for these sites to be removed. If there was, they'd be forthcoming with the details. The xml file from webmaster tools is uploaded, added a meta description, site is still in Google with lots of traffic. It is really frustrating and feels like no one at Microsoft cares. Ad revenue is already pretty bad this time of the year so any drop in traffic hurts. Contacted support several days ago but no response yet.

@grafis replying to self as...
My site started indexing again after a year. Personal site, online for 22yrs running WordPress for 17.  No idea what got it blacklisted, nor what brought it back.

Bing-Bong.PNG

@sekrab 

Hello. I'm having a serious indexing problem. As of January 29, 2023, my website has disappeared from bing. Please fix it

11111.png 

@vaggelis_800 You are not alone. Unsure why, only mine was affected from 7 sites I have added to Bing Webmaster Tools. This is crazy. At some point, January goes dead. I wrote down again to support but I am not sure if anybody is even bother...Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 16.16.45.png

@itdarek 

I have written twice to microsoft and reported the problem but no one answered me.
It's still amazing to i have 10,000 pages indexed in Google and a decent internet position and the microsoft search engine can't even find my website url.

@Eric Starker I have submitted roughly 30 support requests over the last 4 months to Webmaster Support, from multiple webmaster emails/accounts, and have not gotten so much as a simple confirmation email back.

Really, unbelievable.

@isaiahmiller I had the same issue but it got resolved automatically and my site is now indexed, I did nothing. 

Infact sending email to bing webmaster team was of no help. Just keep patience it will be fixed automatically.

@atheengupta It's hard to sit tight.  I sent a letter to their legal department.  It's probably costing us $2-$300k/month in revenue.  Hard to just sit around and wait patiently.

I see, however my site ranks top as like similar to google for keywords "let's learn" where I did nothing.

Just keep patience and leave it for some time.

Sorry @atheengupta but thats not working for anybody.

@itdarek I can understand it's frustrating to not get your site indexed and loose traffic but practically in my scenario, I did nothing to resolve the issue and it got resolved automatically, so I believe there's some technical issue going on with Bing which is being resolved slowly overtime for various domain as like mines.

It's good to keep patience, I waited for as long as 8 months for this to be fixed in my case.

Lol, I can't tell if you're kidding or not. Telling a business to just 'keep patience' and not get traffic from Bing for a year is a ridiculous solution.
Oh I see, I wasn't much impacted financially, mines was an educational site with no such good cash flowing in. Sorry for your case.

I can understand being patient if there were issues that we fix on the website, this will require time. But if you are not sure why you are banned, waiting is not a solution. This is why I wrote a post about Bing Jail and my first post scriptum post Escape from Bing Jail. I only hope, as per Bing Support's email, that after 2-3 weeks I will be able to just say that issue is resolved. Not too much optimistic about that.

@itdarek well, Bing support is of no use, that's for sure ;)

There's an update, just after this "Bing support is of no use" statement, I got an email with my previous request [REQ00039494] as below:

Thank you for your patience!

I am happy to inform you that the issue related to your site (external link removed by moderator) has been resolved.

If your site is not crawled or indexed, it may take up to 2-3 weeks for your site to serve again. Additionally, you can submit your URL using IndexNow feature to get them recrawled faster.

Please review our Webmaster Guidelines, especially the section Things to Avoid, to avoid this in the future.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or concerns and I would be more than happy to assist.

Take care and stay safe!

Sincerely,
Bing Webmaster Support Team

I've been waiting around a month for a response here. Site was well ranked for years, changed nothing in keywords (don't even use the tag) made sure any moved pages are 301, nothing beyond normal seo, etc. Really just update content to keep it fresh. Does well in Google. Completely removed in Bing. I can't even get result for the site: command. Truly bizarre.

Hope you get some positive results soon :)
I got a result, but only by emailing bwtsupport at microsoft dot com. They resolved it. I also sent a letter to their legal dept, but I think emailing their support did the trick. This is not a published email I dug it up in a forum post. Worked. Hope you get help too.
thanks much, I'll give it a shot and glad it worked is working out for you :)

@John_Bloggs1705 Try once cache clear. For my case i have found out that my page's live version is showing blank due to cache plugin may be but it is due to amp plugin's cache core web vitals to be precise. simple deactivate that and in live version atleast it is showing correctly. After that you can re submit sitemap and wait for 1-2 days to see if some changes happen on bing search results.